• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Krabill

Oct 26, 2011
    I have had a problem with the Gander in salisbury not sending paperwork in. A few years ago I went in to check on my purchase and they said they only "reviewed and sent" applications on one day a week. I would hope, given the volume, that they have changed their process. I made a purchase there on the 14th of this month, so I'm not even thinking about it until the second week of March.

Yup, Gander in Salisbury... I had to wait in line with a number for an hour and a half just to talk to a salesman that night

39 days and still waiting

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    inst there something saying the NCIS number is only valid for 30 days? Is this not associated with the paperwork from he very beginning being that if you do not pass the NCIS check, you are dead in the water at that point, so why begin the MD additional checks? If the NCIS number has expired, does this not mean that the paperwork needs to be redone since the application has an invalid NCIS number???

As far as I know this is the case. I bring this up because I was on day 29 and I called the FFL as well as the MDSP. I indicated my name and that I was on day 29 expressing my concern. The dealer said they were sending an email, I called them first, waited about 2 hours then I called the MDSP. 45 minutes later I was "not disapproved". This may be something you guys look into. Also, don't wait on the FFL to call you letting you know that the paperwork came back. Call them until it comes it!

jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    Today makes 30. Not that I've had any time to shoot it lately, but it's still frustrating as hell.

Same here, Today makes 30 of 7

EDIT: the NICS number is good for 30 days from the day it is sent to the FFL not from the day it gets submitted to MDSP. In otherwords if your FFL calls you to say that you can pick up, if you do not do so with in 30 days you must refile your paperwork

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Same here, Today makes 30 of 7

EDIT: the NICS number is good for 30 days from the day it is sent to the FFL not from the day it gets submitted to MDSP. In otherwords if your FFL calls you to say that you can pick up, if you do not do so with in 30 days you must refile your paperwork

On that note. I wonder how the State would feel if citizens started arbitrarily taking 35 days instead of 7 for things.

Property taxes due on 7/15? Eh, Late August with no late fees will suffice.

14 Days to respond to getting denied for lack of G&S on your CCW? Get back to them in a month or so, I'm sure it will be okay.

See what I'm getting at? There should be NO excuses for this bullschit.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    On that note. I wonder how the State would feel if citizens started arbitrarily taking 35 days instead of 7 for things.

Property taxes due on 7/15? Eh, Late August with no late fees will suffice.

14 Days to respond to getting denied for lack of G&S on your CCW? Get back to them in a month or so, I'm sure it will be okay.

See what I'm getting at? There should be NO excuses for this bullschit.

I might have to look into this since I owe the state a couple hundered dollars in income taxes. I'll wait till April 15th to send them my explanation of why I'm holding the tax payment, bet it doesn't take them long to respond to that.:innocent0

Wapato

Aug 26, 2011
    Put in some paperwork today. They said it would probably take a month to go through. It'll be extra annoying if it takes more than 30 days because I was hoping to get another round of paperwork going once the waiting period is up.

crazycarl7

Feb 21, 2009
    I know. I bought the gun from someone out of state on December 22nd and had it shipped in. I'm having a hard time remembering what I bought! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom