What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dang you do need that powder!
    From my Lee Auto Breech Lock Pro (ABLP) days, I have gotten into the habit of loading everything in a given caliber before changing to another.
    The Lee ABLP is a great inexpensive progressive once it is tuned in. The problem is changing calibers is easily a 45min-1.5hr process to get fine tuned. Even when returning to a previously tuned caliber, you have to go through the same process. Because of this, Dillon is far superior, but $$$.
    This comment will ruffle some feathers... If space wasn't an issue, it would be a toss-up between a Dillon XL750 or 4-5 Lee ABLP, one for each caliber and still saving significant money. An entire ABLP costs less than a Dillon caliber conversion kit + toolhead.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    From my Lee Auto Breech Lock Pro (ABLP) days, I have gotten into the habit of loading everything in a given caliber before changing to another.
    The Lee ABLP is a great inexpensive progressive once it is tuned in. The problem is changing calibers is easily a 45min-1.5hr process to get fine tuned. Even when returning to a previously tuned caliber, you have to go through the same process. Because of this, Dillon is far superior, but $$$.
    This comment will ruffle some feathers... If space wasn't an issue, it would be a toss-up between a Dillon XL750 or 4-5 Lee ABLP, one for each caliber and still saving significant money. An entire ABLP costs less than a Dillon caliber conversion kit + toolhead.

Hey what will you trade me for an unused Lee 4000 press? I have most of the parts. Press itself is 100% complete but I got a 6-pack press and took the powder drop because they didn't have the deluxe 6-pack kit in stock. I think I have 2 plates. 44 mag and 6.5 grendel. Just looked I think I just have the 44 mag plate. If I come up this weekend I can bring that too. I need primers and 6.5 grendel brass.

Last edited:

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Lee often has progressives on closeouts. I grabbed a second lee pro 6000 because I did not want to mess with my first pro6000 set up as a 9mm dedicated press. I believe they still offer free shipping for orders over 75+. I have to call in and have them put the order on ebay to bypass their "can't ship to md because of tax nexus policy" though.

Sent from my SM-A136U1 using Tapatalk

Hey what will you trade me for an unused Lee 4000 press? I have most of the parts. Press itself is 100% complete but I got a 6-pack press and took the powder drop because they didn't have the deluxe 6-pack kit in stock. I think I have 2 plates. 44 mag and 6.5 grendel. If I come up this weekend I can bring that too. I need primers and 6.5 grendel brass.
    I have you covered on the primers. As for presses, I have: Dillon XL650, Lee ABLP, Lee Classic Turret and Lee single stage "C" press. I do not need another press.
    I would check out this for brass. https://www.druidhillarmory.com/sto...ass-Limit-1000-Cases-per-Household-p413717138
    This is live Hornady ammo for a good price, and local. https://www.mmiammo.com/products/hornady-090255716368-fr700-5392

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom