• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    That's my understanding as well. My comment was directed at the "I will soon be waiving my inspection rights with my first nfa purchase" comment.

I'm glad it's just a rumor then and you don't actually give up your search rights. As I still have several months to go before I can take my suppressor home, I haven't really done all the research yet

pez34a

Feb 17, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Picked one of these up and pretty happy with it. Nodak Spud sells the matching lowers, but they are on backorder until probably December. *But*, I was able to get one of their blem lowers shipped right away. Will post back when I get it in and see what the blem is.

Also GM said they'll start accepting backorders for their M16A1 pencil profile barrels in late August, for delivery in October. Fingers Crossed.

I picked up a DPMS 'M16 to AR-15 conversion kit' from Brownells, costs 50 bucks (or 36 if you have a dealer's discount - get your C&R FFL03!) - and has just the 4 semi-auto fire control group parts - a bit cheaper than buying an entire LPK. The naval jelly ($7 at Advanced Auto) trick to strip the blue off it to get the original Colt gray parkerizing look works quite well.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    And yet Colt sells the complete FA rifle to the military and police for less than $500 each...

The rifle (M16) is manufactured by FN, not Colt; and the ARMY was paying $1221 per M4 carbine before the rebid where Remington briefly won the contract at $673 before it was protested. The consensus was that Colt was price gouging and it should go to open competition....

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    Will those handguards work with a low profile gas block and a 16" barrel to make a dissy?

I want to build something like this:

AR-15605_zpsa6b4ee2b.jpg

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    The rifle (M16) is manufactured by FN, not Colt; and the ARMY was paying $1221 per M4 carbine before the rebid where Remington briefly won the contract at $673 before it was protested. The consensus was that Colt was price gouging and it should go to open competition....

I would be happy with FA m4 for $1221

pez34a

Feb 17, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Got my blem Nodak Spud lower in, and put it together with this parts kit. Looks good! The blem was just a little tiny divot along the hammer pin hole. Wouldn't have noticed it if it wasn't written on the packaging. Just waiting for a pencil profile barrel now...found one company that will be getting them in stock next month.

BTW I took apart the BCG from this kit; it was a bit cruddy but cleaned up quite nicely. Same with the weld spring, barrel nut, etc.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Engage can probably do what I did, not sure what type of work they are doing though. I send people their way all of the time.

I cut a my 20" to 14.5", Re-Crowned, Re-Threaded 1/2-28", and opened the Gas port to .110-.113., Pined Muzzle Device and you get a nice compact and SOFT shooting setup. Its a pusscake:

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Engage can probably do what I did, not sure what type of work they are doing though. I send people their way all of the time.

I cut a my 20" to 14.5", Re-Crowned, Re-Threaded 1/2-28", and opened the Gas port to .110-.113., Pined Muzzle Device and you get a nice compact and SOFT shooting setup. Its a pusscake:

I must have that bro. That rifle actually gave us the impetus to do a small run of dissipator rifles. Will probably be 20 weeks though before we see the barrels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom