• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • python

Apr 15, 2010
    Between shipping and transfer fees, you won't end up saving much. Stuff happens. Keep the gun. No dealer will give you paid. For a relatively inexpensive gun, $150 is a big spread. Live and learn.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    You knew the answer before you asked. Or you should have.

Good news is if you decide to sell it, it should move fast in this market...if you price it reasonably.

Buyers remorse is a terrible thing. But that’s all on the buyer.

I say take it home and make it your own. Shoot it like you (over)paid big bucks for it...

^^THIS, plain and simple. We've all been there so put on your big boy pants, accept it and move on.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Next time check with a local IP from the map above. MOST of them are reputable and mentioning MDS may get you a break on cost or fees. And don’t forget to apply for your Designated Collectors Letter...it’s free and avoids the “one every 30 day” game.

Last edited:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    There will always be better deals out there somewhere. Enjoy your purchase for what you bought, not what you paid.;)

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Hey,
    I wanted to see if anyone has suggestions for me regarding a firearm purchase.
    I purchase a Glock pistol the other day.
    It just shipped and should arrive soon.
    However, still browsing the net, I found the same firearm for $150 cheaper.
    I was thinking maybe I could return the original and purchase the cheaper one? I never returned a firearm before, is that allowed?
    Im guessing with a restocking fee?
    Maybe I could sell? But I would want to get same value.
    What do you think?
    Should i stick with what i got or buy the sale deal?
    What can I do!? I am cheap! lol!
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks!

Edit: I contacted the shop but returns are not allowed.

So whats the chances of me selling back to a gunshop for what I got it for?

When pigs fly, ain't gonna happen. Suck it up and enjoy.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    When pigs fly, ain't gonna happen. Suck it up and enjoy.

If things go the way I suspect, pigs will be flying large squadrons in a couple months and all firearms will be worth 50-100% more than they are today.

Enjoy the Glock, OP. They are great pistols.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    If things go the way I suspect, pigs will be flying large squadrons in a couple months and all firearms will be worth 50-100% more than they are today.

Enjoy the Glock, OP. They are great pistols.

You could be right, but I don’t think that will happen. Trump has it locked up and China will stop funding the protests the day after the election. We’ll then be back to salad days for a few years. In fact, I’m thinking of selling my BNIB 6721s now while the price is high. Prices will fall sharply after the election or leading up to it.

arts

Nov 14, 2014
    If one is good than two are better. Get both than resell one. By the time you pay shipping and restocking fees you will keep more of your money by reselling the one. Internet gun sellers are in serious competition. Some will offer a price match guarantee. I will look at as many places as possible to get the best price. I am frugal to put it nicely.

Jmurman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2007
    Perry Hall
    Once you take possession you won’t have that remorse. Just enjoy it and in a couple of months you’ll see those prices higher than what you paid.

rooster

Rebel looking for a cause
    Aug 1, 2010
    Eldersburg, MD
    Once the gun transfers you own it. It's nolonger a new gun. Of course you can sell it back to the store. I'm sure they'll buy it. Albeit as a "used gun".

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Learn a lesson bud, if you are going to buy on line you check every where before hitting that buy button. Secondly, do you price research, pre-scam-demic and civil war, and find out if its way over priced. Finally, I find after I buy something, there probably might be someone selling cheaper. Sometimes you win, some times you lose. Enjoy your new pistol and I hope you can find ammo for it

Crocman

Local Warlord
    Oct 13, 2013
    Maryland Escapee
    As others have said, enjoy your new pistol! And, rest assured, most of us have a good deal more than $150 in guns and gear laying around that we probably could have bought cheaper or not at all. I’ve got several holsters that qualify, a bag or two, and certainly one or two pistols that were “cutting edge” (with a price to match).

Samlab

Feb 14, 2018
    Down by the riverside
    This is simple....150 more seems unusual. You bought it you own it. Some sell at a loss for long term inventory in hopes of the purchaser buying other items. 150 says wo shipping costs and taxes you purchased customer service if needed. Never second guess yourself, 150 to me is a used gun easy. Enjoy your new Smyrna Ga gun.

ralph.mclean

GOC (Grumpy Old Cop)
    Jan 27, 2018
    Edgewater, MD
    It's not worth the trouble or the expense or the hassle.

Next time, price shop thoroughly, then make your best deal.

And if you find a good FFL near you, treasure him/her, and send them extra business....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom