• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Actually, OC is legal in MD "because carrying or transporting a handgun within the confines of real estate owned or leased by him" is allowed without permit. Honestly, we could all go rake the leaves on our property while OC, as long as we stayed on our own land.

My reference was to public places.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    If you watch the show, she has a concealed weapons permit but chooses to carry open since it is easier.

I really don't have a problem with what she is doing, but as I said it's creating an uproar that does not help the cause.

The problem here is not what this woman is doing legally, it's what the Sheriff is doing illegally. She is being made into a criminal for doing what is her constitutional right. On the contrary, I think she is bringing focus on the issue that we need to defend ourselves, not give into fear and put our guns away because someone else has a problem with them. The right to bear arms is afforded to us by the constitution, paid with the blood of veterans. The Sheriff was dead wrong trying to tell her not to exercise that right.

As far as helping the cause, maybe we can use this as an example to talk to people. Firearms are not just for red neck guys, even soccer mom's like guns too. We need as a diverse group as possible despite any other political or social views. Personal protection is a human rights issue, not a republican conservative issue.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    With all the attention this is getting I see an all out effort to amend Pennsylvania's Constitution.

I think there are too many hunters in PA to do that.

Funny, because in Maine they are mostly socially liberal except guns. They believe in lots of taxes, big governments, gay rights, pro-immigration but they also have one of the least restrictive gun rights in the country. I think VT is that way too.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I kinda disagree with that, I think she is helping our cause more than hurting it. She is getting press time as a normal everyday house wife that is exercising her rights under the constitution of this country as well as her state. If you don't exercise a right you will lose that right, folks like her are what every one of us would like to be able to do here in Maryland. Would you carry OC if it were legal here? Wouldn't you also be scaring people if you did so and not helping our cause by not using the right you have? Do you believe people have the right to carry OC if the law permits it?

:sign11:

The only problem with OC is that it makes the sheeple nervous. At one time not too long ago it was both common and accepted before the media and government really dug their heels in and started to openly attack us, now it is relegated to a few states, and only practiced by a few determined patriots. If it is not practiced, and defended, it will become illegal, and will not affect just those who choose to open carry, it affects all of us. Just because you do not excercise a right does not mean that it is not your right, and your choice weither or not to excercise it. Open carry may not be the most tactically advantagious for SD in most cases, but it does bring the RKBA into the public forefront, and in many cases is better than CC, where retension and freedom of movement are important, like while jogging, mowing the grass, or hiking. It is more comfortable, and allows you to carry a large handgun that might not be practical to CC. We are also farmilliar with the reality of the "slippery slope", and the fact that especially now, we cannot afford to give the gun banners an inch of traction. Open carry statutes in a lot of ways also help those who CC, if you are "discovered" by accident, you are not breaking the law like you would be in Texas where OC is strictly prohibited in public, in my case, I OC when I am doing some physical activity outdoors, like running, walking the dog, or mowing the grass, it is nice to not have to have my wallet and LTCF on me, and a belt loop thumb break holster is a lot more secure and cmfortable than an open top IWB holster I use for CC.

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    I kinda disagree with that, I think she is helping our cause more than hurting it. She is getting press time as a normal everyday house wife that is exercising her rights under the constitution of this country as well as her state. If you don't exercise a right you will lose that right, folks like her are what every one of us would like to be able to do here in Maryland. Would you carry OC if it were legal here? Wouldn't you also be scaring people if you did so and not helping our cause by not using the right you have? Do you believe people have the right to carry OC if the law permits it?

I understand what you are saying -
    I support her right 100% - but you have to look at it thought the eyes of non-gun people, the ones we are trying to convince. She looks like a complete nut job to them. I just don't think a kids soccer field is the venue to push her point. It's not going to convert anyone to our side.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I support her right 100% - but you have to look at it thought the eyes of non-gun people, the ones we are trying to convince. She looks like a complete nut job to them. I just don't think a kids soccer field is the venue to push her point. It's not going to convert anyone to our side.

i dunno, she'd look smart as sh!t if someone tried doing a mass shooting or other dumb thing at that soccer game and she was there to protect them chillins. just think if you'd be comfortable or is it right for a police officer to have a weapon in any given situation....if the answer is sure then why shouldnt law abiding people be able to defend themselves in the same situation absent of a LEO.

open carry's great. it seems easier to get passed because it takes away the argument of "police wont know if the person they're arresting has a gun or not" as well as a few others....so if oc gets passed as a concession and everyone is walking around with guns out making the sheeple nervous the next step is okay okay! u can carry concealed so we can retain blissful ignorance.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    If you watch the show, she has a concealed weapons permit but chooses to carry open since it is easier.

I really don't have a problem with what she is doing, but as I said it's creating an uproar that does not help the cause.

People are scared of guns because they are ignorant of them. if they never see a gun then when they do see one they will be afraid of it - the more people open carry without going on a murderous rampage, the more desensatized the rest of the citizenry will become.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    open carry is aso great because it deters all but the REALLY determined criminals - most cirminals are just casual criminals of convenience. Make crime inconvenient before they even try then most will never try.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    What most people don't realize is that CC and open carry is beneficial to the entire population. Not just the one carrying the gun. Granted the one carrying the gun will have the upper hand in a hostile situation. It helps the masses for a variety of reasons. One is that if a person sees a hostile attack on another person they can defend that person. We all know the police are only minutes away when seconds count. Violent crime will also go down because the criminals will not know which people have guns. This is a fact that most antis either ignore or don't even think about. Guns are also a deterrent to a criminal. They will not usually commit a crime when there is someone else there with a firearm.

I say good for this lady carrying everywhere. If I could get one in MD, I would carry it everywhere too. If people gawk and complain, so what? It's my constitutional and God given right to defend myself. Let them complain and be the one attacked. Then they will want to carry too. It's sad to say that our freedoms have to be won back. But it's true. The fact is these people will bitch at first because it's a new change for them. Eventually, when they see the woman at EVERY game and finally decide to break down the wall they put up and get to know her for her instead of some gun loving nut, then they will see she is a normal woman that wants to protect herself and everyone around her. She is breaking down the barriers and it will take some time but in the end this will be a HUGE plus for gun owners.

Think about it this way. Do you think that the mother who is an anti is going to make her kid leave whenever this mother is around her? She can't possibly do that. There are soccer games, parent teacher meetings, talent shows, graduation, band practice, and many other events where these parents will be exposed to this woman. Eventually, they will have to break down the barriers and accept it or move to another school where there maybe another gun carrier. Then what will they do? Move out of state? No, they will accept that it is the way of life. The children aren't even effected by this woman carrying the pistol. It's only the parents. Once this generation passes, if we keep up the work, gun carrying will seem normal for the next generation.

R2.0

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2008
    Another problem is that people believe they shouldn't NEED to defend themselves - that's the job of the government. The postwar generation became obsessed with their rights and ignored their responsibilities. Take care of their parents when they get old? Nah - that's what Social Security is for. Defend yourself? No, that's the job of the police.

Last edited:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Missouri went for McCain and they are even more union from what I remember.
    PA gun owners really let me down.

sorry, did what I could:(

Our map looks a lot like MD's Owemalley/Ehrich map. Solid red, with the wealthiest liberal socialite neighborhoods, and the most run down bad neighborhoods turning blue, although Elk county is a mystery, that is indeed the hunting fishing and general redneckery capital of the state. The eastern counties are basically suburbs of Philly, NJ or NY, Allegheny county is Pittsburg, Dauphin is the slums of east Harrisburg, and Erie is possibly the Limousine liberal capitol of PA. Unfortunately during this election people cared less about rights and more about getting their Obama bucks, the public did indeed get bribed with their own money.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/county/#PAP00map

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    sorry, did what I could:(

Our map looks a lot like MD's Owemalley/Ehrich map. Solid red, with the wealthiest liberal socialite neighborhoods, and the most run down bad neighborhoods turning blue, although Elk county is a mystery, that is indeed the hunting fishing and general redneckery capital of the state. The eastern counties are basically suburbs of Philly, NJ or NY, Allegheny county is Pittsburg, Dauphin is the slums of east Harrisburg, and Erie is possibly the Limousine liberal capitol of PA. Unfortunately during this election people cared less about rights and more about getting their Obama bucks, the public did indeed get bribed with their own money.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/county/#PAP00map
    WOW! Check out New Hampshire, they are even worse.
    http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/county/#val=NHP00map

ChrisR/T

Resident Beer Snob
    Oct 30, 2008
    Las Vegas, from Hazard County

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but:

Dormitories, and class rooms aren't the place for guns either, but it hasn't stopped several school shootings. What if the time comes where some parent, asstranged husband/wife, or kid-touching waccko starts opening fire? Wouldn't you want Ms. Hain there to return fire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom