• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The Pennsylvania Criminal Intelligence Center recently issued an alert regarding fraudulent emails claiming to originate from PENNDOT. The subject line of the fraudulent email indicates “Action Required – Fine for Traffic Violations.” The body of the email contains links to an alleged photo capture, but these messages are not affiliated with PENNDOT.

These emails are not being sent by PENNDOT. In fact, fines for citations or traffic tickets issued in Pennsylvania are not paid directly to PENNDOT.

Below is an example of the actual email received as part of this particular scam. There are signs that indicate this is a phishing scam, including poor spelling or grammar within the message. This message not only has “violation” spelled incorrectly, but also lists two different violation dates. Anyone who receives one of these emails should simply delete it.

Attachments

• penndot2.jpg
      penndot2.jpg
      25.7 KB · Views: 160

reddobie0

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    Lost Somewhere
    Yep I got the one of those about a year ago. I just paid it! :lol2: no just kidding I knew it was a scam. I have had my fair share of tickets growing up in PA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom