Man shoots teens who pushed him off bike.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwags123

Jun 23, 2010
    Parsonsburg
    He didnt MURDER anyone. he was assaulted and robbed,sounds like self defense to me but what the @%#! do i know. sounds like i hit a nerve. yes it sucks that the it was kids. its a hard lesson learned and one payed the ultimate price. sounds to me like the kids payed the price for bad parenting.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Sort of tragic if it was just some young boys acting out
    don't have enough info about them to make a judgement call

Did you read the article? It was an assault and attempted strong-arm robbery, after being pushed off the bike. A group of young thugs attacking and robbing one old man.

Final score: Victim 1, Criminals -1

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    it is a shame that it was a kid. but that type of crime probally won't happen again in that area.

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    He didnt MURDER anyone. he was assaulted and robbed,sounds like self defense to me but what the @%#! do i know. sounds like i hit a nerve. yes it sucks that the it was kids. its a hard lesson learned and one payed the ultimate price. sounds to me like the kids payed the price for bad parenting.

Neither being pushed off a bike nor attempted armed robbery are capital offenses. It perpetuates the fallacy that being allowed to carry a gun (if this person was allowed to) means you are allowed to use it.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Here we go. A group of punks, who were no doubt just about to turn their lives around, attack 1 old man and it's the victims fault. He should have called 911 and got beat to death.:sad20:

If this type of situation turned out this way more often maybe the punks of this world would learn some valuble life lessons.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Neither being pushed off a bike nor attempted armed robbery are capital offenses. It perpetuates the fallacy that being allowed to carry a gun (if this person was allowed to) means you are allowed to use it.

Oh, so a person should only be allowed to use a firearm in defense of themself for capital offenses?:rolleyes: Since the teens were charged and the 65 yo wasn't I would say you are the one with the fallacies.

GUNGUY45

Jan 27, 2009
    Western Berks Co. Pa.
    The 3 "kids" had robbed 2 others within an hour of this crime.
    The 16 year old whi got killed was on probation, and wearing an ankle bracelet which was put on him a few hours previously. He was told to go to school at that time by the police.
    Instead he and his friends decided to go rob some people.
    Getting knocked off of your bike, then violently assaulted by 3 teens is justification for an armed response.
    The victim is a LTCF holder.
    This morning there was a letter to the editer in the Reading Eagle asking why the victim didn't "shoot him in the leg", Why did he have to shoot him in the heart", "did he warn them".
    He got what comes to you when you violently assault, and attempt to rob someone.
    The DA said it was a good shoot. No charges filed.
    End of story.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    The 3 "kids" had robbed 2 others within an hour of this crime.
    The 16 year old whi got killed was on probation, and wearing an ankle bracelet which was put on him a few hours previously. He was told to go to school at that time by the police.
    Instead he and his friends decided to go rob some people.
    Getting knocked off of your bike, then violently assaulted by 3 teens is justification for an armed response.
    The victim is a LTCF holder.
    This morning there was a letter to the editer in the Reading Eagle asking why the victim didn't "shoot him in the leg", Why did he have to shoot him in the heart", "did he warn them".
    He got what comes to you when you violently assault, and attempt to rob someone.
    The DA said it was a good shoot. No charges filed.
    End of story.

My only response would be why did the perps have to try to rob him?;)

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    I've crashed my bike at speed a few times and its pretty violent. I think being intentionally knocked off by 3 teens and then having them come at me would make me fear for my life.

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    Sort of tragic if it was just some young boys acting out
    don't have enough info about them to make a judgement call

Just tell all the "acting" out parents of these boys to move to Maryland and they can rape, plunder, pillage all they want without fearing death.

I'm sorry but that is BS if you think acting out includes assaulting a 65 year old. I call acting out joy riding in a corn field, smoking a doobie, drinking beer at a friends house and staying out late...

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.

I'm sorry but when you are 65 getting pushed off a bike while moving could kill you. What gives you the right to think for this poor 65 year old man? If you had two 300lb thugs push you to the ground say god knows what to you and try to rob you then you'd just say ok here I know you're not going to hurt me b/c you're nice men then you take that chance don't expect others to

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county

Guess you missed the part where they pushed him off his bike, assaulted, and robbed him. Yeah, I've know some 65 year olds who were in good shape but they are the exception. Most people by then have multiple chronic problems and their bodies don't respond well to being pushed of a bike, let alone assaulted.

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    Guess you missed the part where they pushed him off his bike, assaulted, and robbed him. Yeah, I've know some 65 year olds who were in good shape but they are the exception. Most people by then have multiple chronic problems and their bodies don't respond well to being pushed of a bike, let alone assaulted.

And assault is still not a capital offense. Apparently his body responded well enough to kill the one kid.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    the victim put an end to the assault before it progressed. Had h not been armed the attack could have likely progressed to the point of a capital offense. I, for one, am glad he ended it the way he did!

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    And assault is still not a capital offense. Apparently his body responded well enough to kill the one kid.

:sad20: Some people just don't get it. A gang pushed him off a bike, jumped him, and tried to rob him. He defended himself with a firearm. Two of the gang members were shot. One died. That's on the criminals who initiated it, not the man defending himself. You think he should have just allowed a group of criminals to just beat him and hope they stopped before killing him? You're on the wrong side of this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom