• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smitch521

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 4, 2013
    Salisbury
    I was hit with the military surplus bug earlier so I've amassed a sizable WWII collection but in doing so I've neglected to look into the AK/AR etc market...

I'm one of those unfortunate souls who turns 21 in November. I had my heart set on an Arsenal SGL 21 but I've had to come to grips with the fact that as long as I live in Maryland that will never happen. My question is this, are there any recommendations you have for an FFL who has a good selection of non regulated MSRs here on the shore? I live in Salisbury as a contracted Army ROTC cadet.

I've been hoping I might find a Vz. 58 somewhere but I'd also be happy with a Colt HBAR.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Talk to the local fun shops. You could order it now and do the paperwork latter. Or just move 12 miles up the road to DE or 30 miles to VA. An buy what you want.

Smitch521

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 4, 2013
    Salisbury
    I know that both the Vz.58 and the HBAR are not regulated, just hoping I might find one locally but I'll keep looking.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Is there anyplace you would recommend? I've been using Crazy Louie's for bolt guns but they are touchy about anything that even looks regulated:bs:

Thought you would be smarter being ROTC. Oh wait you want to be an Officer :lol2:

Open the phone book an start calling fun shops. Off the top of my head, Littleton Firearms. Big Brads, Manchester, Shooters Supply, Larreys, Twinks, and about 10 other MD shops 15 miles from Salisbury.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Whatever you do, even if your purchase isn't regulated, I would suggest that you support a local dealer who supports YOUR 2nd Amendment rights by releasing regulated firearms on time. That significantly reduces the list of dealers.

IMO, not much difference between politicians legislating away gun rights and dealers content in keeping you from possessing your firearms for 100+ days. Both effective means of keeping the populace unarmed. YMMV.

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    Thought you would be smarter being ROTC. Oh wait you want to be an Officer :lol2:

Open the phone book an start calling fun shops. Off the top of my head, Littleton Firearms. Big Brads, Manchester, Shooters Supply, Larreys, Twinks, and about 10 other MD shops 15 miles from Salisbury.

:lol: take it easy on him man, someone has to be able to tell us guys how to do our jobs that we have been doing longer then they partied in school.:innocent0

If it was me living up in the bury I would move to DE for a few different reasons and then just drive to SU. I bet you could find cheaper housing in De that what people charge because of the school.

Or save up and when you get out of ROTC you will be in the big boy world and away from MD and buy what ever the hell it is that you please. If you commission you would be able to buy more then just on SGL 21.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom