• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Anyone know when eForm-4 will be available again? I know it was down to change it to the new format.

ATF has been stalling on the new eForm4 for at least a year. Based on their recent actions, don’t expect it to be a priority. I hope I’m wrong but I would bet it’s at least a year off, if not more.

The problem was that when they did the eForm 4, there were so many submissions that is crashed every one of their servers within the first week, IIRC. Given that NFA branch had that occur, they removed the eForm 4 indefinitely, until their systems were capable of handling that kind of demand. Hence the reason why the eForms website does not have all 10 forms on it.

was42

Aug 19, 2010
    Carney, MD
    Form 4 Approved

Used Maryland Elite Firearms in Finksburg. Form 4 signed and sent on July 28th. Received a call on Christmas Eve that my stamp arrived (ATF approved on 12/4 and diddled around for 3 weeks). Picked up my Lunar 9mm can that afternoon and stuck it under the Christmas tree!

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Used Maryland Elite Firearms in Finksburg. Form 4 signed and sent on July 28th. Received a call on Christmas Eve that my stamp arrived (ATF approved on 12/4 and diddled around for 3 weeks). Picked up my Lunar 9mm can that afternoon and stuck it under the Christmas tree!

And here I am, sent form 4 the same day or so, and my paperwork haven’t even been assigned to an examiner.

Excuse me while I go **** myself.

was42

Aug 19, 2010
    Carney, MD
    Christmas can

Maryland Elite Firearms (Baltimore's Best Pawn) was recommended to me because they use an electronic kiosk system to do the fingerprints and forms.

Last edited:

was42

Aug 19, 2010
    Carney, MD
    My Christmas can

And here I am, sent form 4 the same day or so, and my paperwork haven’t even been assigned to an examiner.

Excuse me while I go **** myself.

Maryland Elite Firearms (Baltimore's Best Pawn) was recommended to me because they use an electronic kiosk system to do the fingerprints and forms that seemed to streamline the process...which couldn't start till they had the actual can in hand for the serial #. Nevertheless, the whole thing went into gear on July 28th....and the folks in Martinsburg attached the stamp, signed off and dated it all December 4th. A previous can, using only paper at another dealer, started in August 2018 and took till July 2019, eleven months. I'm not unhappy with this turnaround time in comparison. I didn't do a trust.

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    Maryland Elite Firearms (Baltimore's Best Pawn) was recommended to me because they use an electronic kiosk system to do the fingerprints and forms that seemed to streamline the process...which couldn't start till they had the actual can in hand for the serial #. Nevertheless, the whole thing went into gear on July 28th....and the folks in Martinsburg attached the stamp, signed off and dated it all December 4th. A previous can, using only paper at another dealer, started in August 2018 and took till July 2019, eleven months. I'm not unhappy with this turnaround time in comparison. I didn't do a trust.
    I filled the forms from the same place, but about a month after you. How’d you find out when someone was assigned to your application? This is my first and all I know is that I wait until Baltimore’s best pawn gives me a call. Is there any way to check status?

was42

Aug 19, 2010
    Carney, MD
    ATF wait time

I filled the forms from the same place, but about a month after you. How’d you find out when someone was assigned to your application? This is my first and all I know is that I wait until Baltimore’s best pawn gives me a call. Is there any way to check status?

I never dug around on the ATF web site or called. My 1st can from a shop on Falls Road, Black Rock, took 11 months....no rhyme or reason. It looks like ATF is running 5 months from completed APP to actual stamp. You could check with Dan at Elite to get his impression. Good luck!

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands

304-616-4500. Follow the prompts to check form 4 status.

Make sure you have your serial # for the suppressor handy.

viiper

Re-Member
    Dec 3, 2008
    Carroll County
    Did a Form 4 12/29/2020. Just did another Form 4 today.

Might do a few Form 1's here soon as well.

Will update when I get more info. Like others here, trying to make sure I get my stuffs!

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Help me out some guys, please.

I've never dabbled in NFA stuff. I want to Form 1 a lower which I already have to build a .22LR SBR.

I read the NFA FAQ thread which has been around forever and I'm still unclear of the order of operations. If I do the eForm1 do I still have to take paperwork to MSP to get approved before ATF will approve the application?

If someone has time to type out the procedure I'd be happier than a pig in a wallow.

Oswaldo87

Feb 1, 2020
    Frederick County
    As long as you have your paperwork filled out correct. Submit a copy to your CLEO which doesn’t need approval. It is just required that they get a copy. All you got to do then is wait.
    It used to require approval before the last big change.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    As long as you have your paperwork filled out correct. Submit a copy to your CLEO which doesn’t need approval. It is just required that they get a copy. All you got to do then is wait.
    It used to require approval before the last big change.

Ok so you're just sending a copy of the form 1 to MSP. Just like the 03FFL application.

Oswaldo87

Feb 1, 2020
    Frederick County
    Ok so you're just sending a copy of the form 1 to MSP. Just like the 03FFL application.

If I remember right you can print off the whole packet or at least the section that is labeled for the CLEO. It’s all marked out well. Yea just like an 03. Send it to whoever you consider to be the chief Leo in your area.

Just curious, why do you choose MSP over your local sheriff?

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    If I remember right you can print off the whole packet or at least the section that is labeled for the CLEO. It’s all marked out well. Yea just like an 03. Send it to whoever you consider to be the chief Leo in your area.

Just curious, why do you choose MSP over your local sheriff?

I thought all class 3 approvals went through MSP. Maybe that was how it used to be when it was a sign off rather than a notification.

Oswaldo87

Feb 1, 2020
    Frederick County
    I thought all class 3 approvals went through MSP. Maybe that was how it used to be when it was a sign off rather than a notification.

Gotcha. It wouldn’t surprise me in this state. Back in Louisiana, my Parish sheriff wouldn’t sign off on submissions. Using a trust bypassed that back in the day. Luckily it’s just a formality now. Not best if those CLEOs are storing that information for later but whatever.... boat accident.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

If you were filing as a individual before Rule 41F went into effect, you had to get CLEO sign off. If you were using a trust before Rule 41F, you did not need CLEO sign off. \

Rule 41F did away with CLEO sign off, and made it only notification, whether you use a trust or file as a individual.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    If you were filing as a individual before Rule 41F went into effect, you had to get CLEO sign off. If you were using a trust before Rule 41F, you did not need CLEO sign off. \

Rule 41F did away with CLEO sign off, and made it only notification, whether you use a trust or file as a individual.

I know you aren't among us MD residents anymore but who should I send the notification to? MSP or the baltimore county police chief?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I know you aren't among us MD residents anymore but who should I send the notification to? MSP or the baltimore county police chief?
    Baltimore County Police Chief.

Due to very specific circumstances, after speaking with many people in NFA branch and getting the same answer from each of them, I can file Form 1's in MD or in WV with my trust. All Form 4's must be done in WV for me.

If I'm filing a Form 1 in MD, it goes to FredCo Sheriff. If I'm doing the Form 1 in WV it goes to the County Sheriff in WV.

If I'm filing a Form 4, it goes to my County Sheriff in WV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom