• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Here's the latest email from VCDL. The last bullet point is an extremely long article from the Boston Globe delineating the racist roots of gun control. Rather than burn bandwidth, I'll provide a link:
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/07/31/opinion/very-racist-history-gun-control/

1. VCDL membership meeting Wednesday, Sept. 22, in Sterling

VCDL is having a membership meeting on Wednesday, September 22, at:

The Bungalow Lakehouse

46116 Lake Center Plaza

Sterling, VA 20165

If you plan on eating, please come between 6:30pm and 7:00pm and the meeting will begin at 8pm.

2. Correction on renewing your Virginia CHP

I talked to a judge about the situation where someone is renewing their CHP and had their original training solely online. I was told to go ahead and check “No” on the question “Have you attended an in-person class or in-person training for proof of handgun competency?” and to check “Yes” to the question about already having a permit. In the unlikely case that you are denied, ask for an ore tenus hearing and notify VCDL.

3. Do local gun-bans in parks affect parking lots?

For local gun-bans to be enforceable in the handful of localities that have such gun control, signs must be conspicuously posted. The question came up about being able to have a gun stored in your vehicle in a park’s parking lot, if the locality bans guns in parks. If there are no conspicuous signs at the vehicle entrance into the parking lot, then guns are OK if kept in the vehicle. Also a few localities specifically permit guns in the parking lot. Two (Loudoun and Newport News) exempt permits holders from the park ban. 96% of the localities in Virginia do NOT have park bans.

4. What to do if a locality is leaving up their “no guns” signs when there is no event going on?

“No guns” signs for permitted events should only be up during the rare times that an actual event is occurring, but Richmond is leaving them up permanently on City streets. Alexandria seems to be doing the same thing. Both are abusing the intent of the law.

Personally, if I notice such a sign and there is no obvious event going on, I’m ignoring that sign and peaceably going about my business. If a person cannot reasonably determine if they are complying with a law, that law is unconstitutionally vague. (Of course, a person can still be arrested for violation of an unconstitutionally vague law and have to battle it out in court.) Should an officer notice I’m carrying (shame on me) and says the signs apply, I’m assuming he’s correct, not arguing about it, and I will comply by immediately leaving the area.

5. Virginia Creeper Trail – “no guns” signs appear to be unenforceable

Member R. Hedlund notice that there are “No guns” signs on the Virginia Creeper Trail. He checked with localities that the trail passes through and none of them ban guns on the trail. The signs are perhaps a relic from the past.

6. VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! In person, early voting is now available!

Early voting has started. You can now vote in person (much better and safer than mailing in your ballot). Coordinate with friends and family to pick a day where you can all go down and vote. LET’S DO THIS AND TURN THE SHIP AROUND!

Early Voting information, such as times and locations, for your locality can be found here.

7. Keep the pressure up on Herndon – gun control is not a done deal there

From information that has been shared with me, it doesn’t look like local gun-control is a done deal in Herndon. I think we have a decent chance of stopping it if we keep the pressure up.

And it looks like Moms Demand Action (MDA) agrees with me. They have sent out an email nationwide to get their members to contact the Herndon Town Council in support of local gun control. The two MDA members who showed up at the first hearing last Tuesday were vastly outnumbered, so MDA is getting a little desperate.

8. Appomattox Board of Supervisors just voted to reduce CHP fees to the minimum!

On Monday the Appomattox Board of Supervisors passed a resolution to lower the CHP fees to $15, which is the minimum currently allowed by law. The Sheriff is on board and the issue now goes to the district court to complete the process. Thanks to member M. Sweet for the information.

9. AG Herring gets an earful about violence in Petersburg and guns aren’t being blamed by residents

According to people who live there and the police, the violence in Petersburg is more of a societal issue, not a gun issue. Attorney General Herring loves gun control (which makes sense considering his history with using black face), so this is probably not what he wanted to hear.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/p...espect-than-crime/ar-AAOD9ax?ocid=hplocalnews

10. Interesting how quiet Democrat politicians are on gun control right now

It sure looks like the gun controllers are frightened of gun owners going to the polls. Not a word was said about gun control in the recent gubernatorial debate.

I’m telling you, we can turn this state around. Let there be no doubt that if the gun controllers win this election, gun control WILL be a hot subject then.

Here’s a video on the sudden silence on gun control by McAuliffe and the other Democrats:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oJZyDXdhCZk

11. Watch last week’s VCDL online membership meeting replay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrKIAfwxUVo

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom