• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Question for the group regarding my recent Mr. Buddy propane heater buy. I made the purchase through Amazon. As always, they suggest an additional purchase of something related. The suggestion was a refill adaptor to use a 20lb tank to refill the 1lb. So, as I love my family, do I follow the Coleman and Mr. Buddy warnings not to refill these tanks and or use a refilled tank with Mr. Buddy? Or is that just CYA on their part? Thanks.

RE: Amazon...I'm slowly switching my purchases directly to suppliers. It's a drop in the bucket to Bezos, but I can't keep supporting the beast.

I have that adapter to fill the one pound tanks but don't plan to use it unless forced to. I bought the 20 pound tank adapter with 12 foot hose for my big buddy heater I use in the garage and it's great. I'd recommend that route before relying just on the tiny bottle refills.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Not so much as prepping for some unforeseen event as much as avoiding having to run to the grocery store every week.

Still working on laying up inventory of canned and dry goods.

Those shelves will sag over time.

You need to add cross bracing.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    I have that adapter to fill the one pound tanks but don't plan to use it unless forced to. I bought the 20 pound tank adapter with 12 foot hose for my big buddy heater I use in the garage and it's great. I'd recommend that route before relying just on the tiny bottle refills.
    This 20 # adapter

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Quick suggestion, I double up the O2 absorbers in my 5 gal buckets. Had a few bags that didn't suck down all the way and stuff like macaroni noodles holds more air than you think. As for gamma kids I like the kids and the idea but am too cheap to buy em. I just buy the standard pull strip lids you beat on with a rubber mallet.

The last 5 gal mylar bags I bought had standard 2000cc oxygen absorbers plus extra 500cc oxygen absorbers for pasta and similar products with a lot of space.

For rice, beans and such I just used a 2000cc, and for pasta I used a 2000cc plus a few 500cc absorbers. I also push out as much air as I can before sealing the last few inches.

Even though air is 78% nitrogen, the bags still suck down suprisingly hard when the oxygen is taken out.

As far as Gamma Seal lids, to save cost I just have 1 for each bulk product. E.g. I have 10 buckets of rice sealed in mylar bags with the pound on lids, plus 1 rice bucket with a gamma seal lid that I can open whenever I need to refill the container in the kitchen.

Last edited:

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 6.32.04 AM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 6.32.04 AM.jpg
      69.3 KB · Views: 296

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Thanks for the input on the propane adaptor. I'll keep it on hand for last resorts. (I guessing that's what prepping is.) I may do a garage set up like Kstone. We're moving our gym set up from basement to garage. Thanks!

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Thanks for the input on the propane adaptor. I'll keep it on hand for last resorts. (I guessing that's what prepping is.) I may do a garage set up like Kstone. We're moving our gym set up from basement to garage. Thanks!

I've been super happy with mine. On low with the big buddy I get about 100 hours of run time from one 20 pound tank. I also get mine filled so I know they're 20 pounds not the 15 pound fills like the trade in stations (blue rhino, etc). I don't have a way to circulate the air in the garage and I'm not buying D batteries every day for the heater fan so it's not perfect but really helps make it less miserable out there in the winter. Since I'm a sucker for redundancy and cool new stuff I'm looking at getting one of these too. I thought it was pretty cool.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Mr-Heat...r-and-8-000-BTU-FLEX-Cooker-F600101/314516226

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    I've been super happy with mine. On low with the big buddy I get about 100 hours of run time from one 20 pound tank. I also get mine filled so I know they're 20 pounds not the 15 pound fills like the trade in stations (blue rhino, etc). I don't have a way to circulate the air in the garage and I'm not buying D batteries every day for the heater fan so it's not perfect but really helps make it less miserable out there in the winter. Since I'm a sucker for redundancy and cool new stuff I'm looking at getting one of these too. I thought it was pretty cool.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Mr-Heat...r-and-8-000-BTU-FLEX-Cooker-F600101/314516226

Let us know if you grab one. That looks like a powerhouse.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I was in town and hit the Big Lots store just to see what they had. Found they had Deraflame log on close out for 9.95 a case and grabbed all 10 cases they had . I cut them in quarters or less for fire starters.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Weird consequence of preparing: might be summertime and you’re using holiday themed products

Attachments

• EB115204-9097-4499-B634-FD7750F218A6.jpg
      EB115204-9097-4499-B634-FD7750F218A6.jpg
      40.8 KB · Views: 361

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    For the first aid kit. Will also work for aches and pains. 4% Lidocaine is what Salon Pas patches comprise. 50% off at Rite Aid, Ebenezer Rd, Nottingham

Attachments

• IMG_20210402_172005193_1617398471764.jpg
      IMG_20210402_172005193_1617398471764.jpg
      86.4 KB · Views: 289

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    As a thank you to our loyal customers for your support we would like to give you 25% OFF one Recon Medical WoundClot product on Amazon.

Once the item shows up we would like to ask for your honest review on the product. Your support will continue to help us create improvements in the prehospital trauma care industry.

Thank you,

Recon Medical Team

USE CODE - 25WoundClot

https://www.amazon.com/b?node=21227982011&ref=mm_afap_cab_shipc1_REDIRECTED

Only good till the 15th!

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    As a thank you to our loyal customers for your support we would like to give you 25% OFF one Recon Medical WoundClot product on Amazon.

Once the item shows up we would like to ask for your honest review on the product. Your support will continue to help us create improvements in the prehospital trauma care industry.

Thank you,

Recon Medical Team

USE CODE - 25WoundClot

Only good till the 15th!

Link does not take me to anything useful.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N

Thank you,

Recon Medical Team

USE CODE - 25WoundClot

Only good till the 15th!

Link does not take me to anything useful.

https://www.amazon.com/WoundClot-He...ld=1&keywords=Woundclot&qid=1617486554&sr=8-3

Updated link. 25 percent off.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

Thank you,

Recon Medical Team

USE CODE - 25WoundClot

Only good till the 15th!

How do you review wound clot?

“Hi Everyone Jeff here! I saw that recon medical was offering 25% off wound clot so i jumped out of my couch and rushed to my desktop. I ordered 5 bags!!!!! I invited my cousin Todd over and after a few Natural Ice 24oz bumps we agreed to do some testing for this review. I grabbed my 2am infomercial sword and sure as shit i gashed Todd right in the nards! I rushed to the back of my Dodge Ram and after 5 mins Of searching through my spare parts (it is a Dodge after all) i found it. He was looking pretty pale by them and boy was his sack a gusher! I dumped some recon medical on his bean bag and it stopped the sack leak immediately! But we didn’t wanna stop there, we really wanted to bring you a solid review so i grabbed the Jennings .380 and turned him sideways. I always wanted to try this.........I SHOT HIM THROUGH BOTH BUTT CHEEKS, through and through. Don’t let them internet pansy’s tell you a .380 is a bad SD round. I quickly dumped a 2nd pack of recon medical on his butt. I missed the wound and clogged up Todd’s anus. This stuff is powerful! Thanks recon medical! I’m leaving it 5 stars!!’ Also I’m leaving the link to Todd’s gofundme below, every dollar helps cuz Todd spent his Stimulus check on a body lift fir his Tacoma and some truck nuts”

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom