• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    KYGUNCO has SPP, match SPP, and LPP. Last time they had free shipping and hazmat also, I didn't check this time.

Very good prices. I just don’t need 5000 LPP as much as I like the price (well, vs prices today in general), I can’t bring myself to get maybe 10 years of LPPs.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Very good prices. I just don’t need 5000 LPP as much as I like the price (well, vs prices today in general), I can’t bring myself to get maybe 10 years of LPPs.
    Yeah, I definitely thought about the LPP because I'm shooting 45 more, but the overwhelming bulk of my expenditure is SPP... maybe in a month or two.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yeah, I definitely thought about the LPP because I'm shooting 45 more, but the overwhelming bulk of my expenditure is SPP... maybe in a month or two.
    That's where I am at. I won't bother mentioning how many SPP I have, because it is basically an embarrassment of riches (okay, I can ALWAYS use more. I have less than a lifetimes worth and who says you can't be buried with your primers!).

But I only have 2k LPP and like you said, I've been shooting a lot more 45 recently. But, I've also got at least 300 SPP 45 cases. And that is only in the brass I've sorted. I still have maybe 800 range pickups to go through and I am sure there are some SPP in there (I see to run about 1:3 or 1:4 SPP to LPP on range pickups). 400-500 cases isn't a TON to reload with, but I mostly like to keep 200-300 reloads of 45 and 300-500 of 9mm on hand. That gives me one heck of an all-day range trip or, the way I normally do my range trips, like 3-5 range trips when I take a 45 or 9(s) along. Basically like 6-9 months. That also means even if I reloaded pure LPP cases, I have probably 3-4 years of LPP and maybe 5. Even I switched to pure SPP reloading and the fact that I shoot half a dozen calibers using SPP cases I probably have 5-6 years of SPP and maybe 7-8.

So I am going to sit back and relax. If a decent deal comes up for 1-2k LPP I'll probably jump on it. To 85MikeTPI's suggestion, I'd be willing to go in on 2k out of a case, but even with the savings I am not sure that is worth a lot of anyone's time. Especially not with gas prices...I mean, unless someone lives within or doesn't mind driving to ~10-15 minutes of western Howard County to meet up.

PS Brownell's recently increased most of their prices, again, on most of their primers. But they do often have discounts. So depending on the brand of LPP and the discount, you can get 2k for about 9-11cpp. Sure not 8.5cpp if KYGUNCO's price includes shipping, hazmat and tax. But not bad either. And I have to figure a bit of driving, time, and hassle on a meet up is worth at least $20. So in my mind, if I only want 2k, that puts their primers price comparable to Brownell's. Heck, if Brownell's gets any in stock today, they have a $40 off $200 discount right now.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Ouch. And it's not. Shipping is $11, hazardous is $50. Plus tax too. So the price isn't BAD in the end for a case, but it still works out to about 10cpp or slightly more. Also congrats for the second highest hazardous materials fee of any company I have seen (I forget their name, Lohman arms?, out of TN, but theirs is $70. So I guess there is that).

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Midway primer (mostly pistol) dump this morning
    Thanks. And I just missed that box of Federal LPP. I took too long dithering on "do I add powder or do I not add powder to my order" which these days often involves spending 10 minutes with my reloading manuals to see if I can make it work in something I reload. Oh well. I got a box of the GMM LPP and the Remington SR Benchrest (to try those out). I guess that probably is the last time I buy primers till they come down a lot in price, or I manage to actually go through most of my primers and I start feeling the pinch.

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    I'd buy a case of the CCI 300 LPP's from KY to split/group buy if they ever come back in stock. I don't need 5k either, but with price coming out to $86/box delivered it's about as good as it gets at the moment.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I'd buy a case of the CCI 300 LPP's from KY to split/group buy if they ever come back in stock. I don't need 5k either, but with price coming out to $86/box delivered it's about as good as it gets at the moment.
    Here ya go, back in stock..

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Its about $100 a box delivered. They charge hazmat to the tune of $60, plus tax. Unless there is some free shipping thing for them floating around. I tried to check out with a case of the LPPs and it was a little over $500 with hazmat and tax. Still not a bad price, but not nearly as good.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Its about $100 a box delivered. They charge hazmat to the tune of $60, plus tax. Unless there is some free shipping thing for them floating around. I tried to check out with a case of the LPPs and it was a little over $500 with hazmat and tax. Still not a bad price, but not nearly as good.
    Not from KYGUNCO, they don't charge tax, S/H, or hazmat. Or are you referring to your Midway order?

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    I just checked out with a case at $430 shipped. I'll have a few extra boxes available for trade in a week or so.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Not from KYGUNCO, they don't charge tax, S/H, or hazmat. Or are you referring to your Midway order?
    Nope. Maybe if I checked out the rest of the way. But I registered for an account, added a case, estimated shipping and it said $59 and change for hazmat.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    Ouch. And it's not. Shipping is $11, hazardous is $50. Plus tax too. So the price isn't BAD in the end for a case, but it still works out to about 10cpp or slightly more. Also congrats for the second highest hazardous materials fee of any company I have seen (I forget their name, Lohman arms?, out of TN, but theirs is $70. So I guess there is that).
    10 cents is the new normal , sad to say.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Woo Hoo!

1656598476468.png

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If it's still $430, I could definitely buy a couple k of LPP off someone if they want to go splitsies... just PM me to see if we're near enough to each other. :)

ETA: that was fast. Thanks, MDS!

Last edited:

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Natcheez just opened up a bunch of Federal an CCI primers.

FWIW, I saw these all drop last Thursday, then suddenly disappear OOS at the same time. Then a free-shipping holiday weekend happens, and now they are back. Shady Sh!t doesn't play well with me, but YMMV..

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Natcheez just opened up a bunch of Federal an CCI primers.

FWIW, I saw these all drop last Thursday, then suddenly disappear OOS at the same time. Then a free-shipping holiday weekend happens, and now they are back. Shady Sh!t doesn't play well with me, but YMMV..
    Probably not Natchez's doing, more likely bots gobbling up the stock as soon as it was advertised.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Note: Read the FEDEX new scanning policy within the Natchez link for new FEDEX hazmat required scanning of signatures. I don't like it, given what they may at some point decide to sell, especially given the current political direction of UPS.

Apologies folks for derail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom