• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I dunno but we will need his vote to even have a small chance for the National Reciprocity Act to pass in the Senate

But yeah he is very worried about 2018, and it shows.

You do know he and Fienstien are/were the lead on the new assault weapons ban right? They wrote and co sponsored it...He's no friend of 2A rights...Don't count on his vote for anything.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    THE FIX IS IN.

What has Joe Manchin promised Don Blankenship for playing spoiler!?

Brilliant but shady as **** move. Blankenship will split the R ticket just enough to keep Manchin in power

https://www.wvnews.com/news/wvnews/...cle_08a08750-33b3-574c-be86-1ba3d4ada2ae.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why else would this idiot, who came in third in the Republican primary election, choose to run as a third party candidate? Does he think that separating himself from the others is going to make him more electable when so few voted for him in just the Republican primary? Is he so deluded to think that democrats are actually going to vote his way in the general election?

In spite of the usual generalizations about WV, a large majority of West Virginians saw what Blankenship was about and voted accordingly and convincingly.

I know politicians' egos are enormous but this stinks to the high heavens and I'm angry that if his candidacy continues, Manchin will, in fact, be re-elected. Our only hope is that there are still enough good people to put Morrisey over the top in spite of Blankenship's **shole move.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    shady as **** move. Blankenship will split the R ticket just enough to keep Manchin in power

https://www.wvnews.com/news/wvnews/...cle_08a08750-33b3-574c-be86-1ba3d4ada2ae.html

Blankenship is showing his true colors.

He got those minors killed in the 2010 mine explosion by being cheap. That is what WV'ers remember about him.

In short, over a 13-month investigation the team found Massey could have prevented the worst mining accident in 40 years. Instead, the company knowingly broke law and disregarded safety practices to produce more coal and make more money.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/massey-mining-disaster-five-awful-truths-exposed/

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Perhaps Joe's strategy is to rely on the average West Virginian voter
    “The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”
    ― Winston S. Churchill

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    Yes, but he got 18 - 20% of the R primary vote, I think. Who are those people?

No clue. Not a single person I know has taken him seriously. Could have been a lot of RINO votes from independents who chose to vote the R ticket in the primary?

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Yes, but he got 18 - 20% of the R primary vote, I think. Who are those people?

Perot got 18.9% of the vote. If it wasn't for him we probably never would have heard of Bubba or his whore. First time in our lifetimes the Zero over the Hero was elected. :sad20: If it can happen on a national level it certainly can happen in West Virginnie.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    On a hopefully positive note, registered WV democrats outnumber registered republicans 42% to 32% but Trump got almost 70% of the presidential votes in 2016. Hopefully the sentiments from 2016 will carry over to 2018.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    There is a "sore loser" law in WV. He won't be able to run unless he is able to have the law found unconstitutional in court between now and then.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Dems often pay failed campaigns to run as spoilers. They also have a habit of paying off the opposition. e.g. Doug Duncan, Bernie Sanders.

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    There is a "sore loser" law in WV. He won't be able to run unless he is able to have the law found unconstitutional in court between now and then.

Source? Because if so, our reporters are wrong.

This is the first I’m hearing about this law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom