• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I had a friend that was frightened like hell during the riots and I was offering them my basement to stay in until things calmed down. 3 days later she was marching with all the other mongoloids in Baltimore in that Freddie Gray demonstration. I told my wife the offer was rescinded for life. You just can't help stupidity.

There is only one cure for stupid.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I had a friend that was frightened like hell during the riots and I was offering them my basement to stay in until things calmed down. 3 days later she was marching with all the other mongoloids in Baltimore in that Freddie Gray demonstration. I told my wife the offer was rescinded for life. You just can't help stupidity.

They have a brain block. The majority of em can’t be changed.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    It's not my job to talk sense into antigun people or try and jumpstart their dead brain.

If lefties want guns or training, I'm not the guy.

Don't like my stance? Don't care.
    Potential allies? Really?

These are the same assholes who are actively attempting to legislate your way of life out of existence, using force of law, in favor of their utopian fantasy. And now that they've encountered the honeybadger of the viral world, they're all "OMG I have to protect my fams!"

Fvck them, and the unicorn they rode in on.
    :thumbsup:

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

*****This happened to several of my range friends who live in Towson, and around Howard University. The neighbors were scared that rioters were going to come into the more affluent neighborhoods (READ: Where da white wimmen be at..), and begin looting and ransacking homes. A few days after things died down, all the white wimmen were fine, and these same scared anti-gun neighbors were right out there marching *against* the police, and of course against people having legally owned firearms.

Some people's brains are just not wired right, and they suffer from some kind of stupidity that will unfortunately get them and possibly me hurt or killed if they get many of their ideas through the courts (no more private ownership of firearms, confiscation, licensing and insuring, etc...).

Unfortunately, I work with people like this. It's almost surreal to me.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama

Attachments

• brain grate 1.jpg
      brain grate 1.jpg
      23.5 KB · Views: 763

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Look at this as an opportunity to change attitudes over gun laws.....

Yeah, but on a practical level what this will result in is people who realize they cant get one when they need one, wanting to confiscate everyone's.

Aesop fable of the Fox and and the "sour grapes" is not an imagined piece of fiction but one based on real life observations about how people think

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Potential allies? Really?

These are the same assholes who are actively attempting to legislate your way of life out of existence, using force of law, in favor of their utopian fantasy. And now that they've encountered the honeybadger of the viral world, they're all "OMG I have to protect my fams!"

Fvck them, and the unicorn they rode in on.

I couldn't agree more

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    Originally Posted by Docster View Post

...sorta like trying to hold a conversation with the dead.

Grain by grain a loaf, stone by stone, a castle. Yugoslavian saying

The current events are substantially downstream. I regularly have a couple students in class who have been infected by the libtard virus, but who, for some reason, are seeking therapy. They're beginning to re-examine their almost-religious beliefs. Often it turns out a recent personal experience has shaken them.

Experience plus a thorough review of one's personal self interest in light of that experience leads to a tiny crack. If I can keep them focusing on their real, existential self interest that crack widens. Introduce them to new behaviors based on their understanding of their self interest, and possibilities open up. And here's part of the payoff. Psychically healthy people will tend to reframe their attitudes to be consistent with, and re-enforce their behavior.

I can appreciate and respect members here who have hardened views and and are deeply impatient with those who have worked to undermine our rights. The emotional part of me is right there. The tactical part of me is willing to get my hands dirty. If you are approached by "situational converts" seeking guidance or training, just tell them that you're not interested, but "I know a guy who might be willing to work with you." I may or may not take them on. It will depend largely on what their story is. I'm open to working with people who are misguided, not people who are hopelessly lost.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Wife is a 35 year MSCRN. Retired but with active license. Wants to know what she has to do to get a handgun. I know the political atmosphere is not good but she wants one for obvious reasons. What say you all?

What say I? Don't tell her there's 10 in the safe in case she needs one...that would be illegal...

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Originally Posted by Docster View Post

Grain by grain a loaf, stone by stone, a castle. Yugoslavian saying

The current events are substantially downstream. I regularly have a couple students in class who have been infected by the libtard virus, but who, for some reason, are seeking therapy. They're beginning to re-examine their almost-religious beliefs. Often it turns out a recent personal experience has shaken them.

Experience plus a thorough review of one's personal self interest in light of that experience leads to a tiny crack. If I can keep them focusing on their real, existential self interest that crack widens. Introduce them to new behaviors based on their understanding of their self interest, and possibilities open up. And here's part of the payoff. Psychically healthy people will tend to reframe their attitudes to be consistent with, and re-enforce their behavior.

I can appreciate and respect members here who have hardened views and and are deeply impatient with those who have worked to undermine our rights. The emotional part of me is right there. The tactical part of me is willing to get my hands dirty. If you are approached by "situational converts" seeking guidance or training, just tell them that you're not interested, but "I know a guy who might be willing to work with you." I may or may not take them on. It will depend largely on what their story is. I'm open to working with people who are misguided, not people who are hopelessly lost.

Agree. We need more people on our side. The only way to do that is to change their perspective from a legal issue that has no bearing on them into something personal.

I have had success bringing anti or indifferent noobs to the range. All of a sudden firearms become personal because they enjoy shooting and understand why we do it. Hopefully that experience will pay dividends in the voting booth.

Now that there is a threat that they never planned for some people are seeing firearms as a tool for self defense. It is a huge paradigm shift they are making from anti gun lies into our reality as lawful gun owners. I will encourage them to understand only people can be evil and guns can only be a tool.

OTOH I am not loaning out any guns or anything crazy.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Yep, by helping them get their first firearm, and then, to help them understand the rest of the issues of our wonderful state, have them red flagged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom