• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Argh, my only regret is that I had to unexpectedly leave early due to a family emergency (what really sucks is I was probably 15th in line at 9 this am!)

That being said, after I left I stopped for a snack and a drink and realized I was shaking coming down off the high! I got lucky and was able to be right outside the committee room that they had restricted while MOM and the other first groups testified, right up to the time I had to leave a little after 5. This truly made me feel like I was part of something bigger than myself, something I haven't felt since leaving the Army.

Thank you to everyone who was there and for everyone I had the pleasure of meeting. And for all of you who couldn't make it, MDS helped give you a voice and helped give us more energy to keep going.

We have only begun to fight. Lets keep this up and make the same or even better showing for the house gun day.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Ok the hundreds of us remaining get to come in give our name and say we are against the bill then it's over

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

SammyB

Jan 2, 2012
    Andrews AFB
    Had to leave early, but listened on my iPad everyone did great with thier testimonies and it really felt great to be in the presence of so many like minded people!

Goateggs

Jan 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    It was truly an incredible experience to be there today. I regret that I couldn't stay past 6:00, as I was signed up to speak and would have liked the opportunity to at least walk up to the podium. But I did submit my written testimony at 11:30, so I suppose it is at least a part of the public record.

Now we have to think about the next step. I at least am going to contact, again, every member of the SJPC to let them know I was there. We have to watch them now like hawks (or eagles!....so sorry I didn't see that. Awesome.) O'Malley's men will not stop. They probably think this was some sort of childish temper tantrum from the knuckledraggers, and that if they wait, or table this bill and resubmit it in smaller pieces that we won't notice.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Actually I think the 300 that just came up rapid fire might have even more effect. Quite a sight. Senator Jacobs videoing it all on her ipad!

What a sight!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    I stayed to the end, at 9:00 Frosh cut the hearing allowing only the remaining few hundred to state their name, location, and position. I waited in line for another 20 minutes just to do that. The last of us left around 9:30.

Frosh and Co. looked worn down, that's why they hurried the last of us out. We'd have otherwise kept them there until dawn. But the fight isn't over, folks. Stay vigilant!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    So what's the next step now? I know yesterday was only day one and there will be many more bills to fight, but what do we do until then? Keep up the calls and emails until we get dates? Will we know if SB281 goes to the floor for a vote?

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    It felt good to be a voice in the crowd today. A crowd of like minded freedom loving patriots

My wife thought I was crazy for getting up at 4:30 a.m. to be a part of this. When I finally returned home 19 hours later and woke her up with my enthusiastic news of the incredible turnout by fantastic people, she said she was proud of me for speaking out for our freedoms.

I'm so beat this morning my eyes are blurring but there is a huge smile on my face from being part of yesterday's stand.

phipp13

May 20, 2011
    Point Lookout MD
    I took my son with me and we had a great time. I actually slept 1/2 way decent last night! It was great to see people from All races,ages and genders out there using our 1st amendment rights to save our 2nd.All is not lost but, we must continue to grow and keep the pressure on our lawmakers to do the right thing. KILL BILL HB 281! Phipp

Shiny Dog

Jan 10, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    It was definitely an awesome sight. How great was it when the proponents had all said their piece at the start of their second hour?! (i think 12-15 spoke?) I really hope we sent a message loud and clear yesterday. We WILL NOT consent, and you WILL NOT take away our rights! oh, and DOWN WITH QUICHE!!

crazycarl7

Feb 21, 2009
    What a great day!! I was astounded by the turnout especially after the short notice date change. I also got the chance to meet some fellow members of MDS which was awesome! Great job to everyone. Keep pushing

Rescuedvr

Sep 27, 2011
    Frederick
    Thank you

Thanks to all who went yesterday!!! I was unable to attend in person but I could listen to the testimony. I will be there for the next hearing!!! Thanks to all again

Detrick Hess

Jan 11, 2013
    It was good I went from feeling bruned out and sick of fighting for my rites. To feeling Great and ready to take on the world.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    I just got done writing a slew of emails to all the sponsors of SB 281. The gist of the emails was mostly "how did that taste yesterday?" :D

I made it clear that the people have spoken, and their continued pursuit of further gun control reflects a willful and blatant disregard for their constituents.

40-Cal-Polymer

Known Gunmen
    Jan 30, 2013
    I stayed to the end, at 9:00 Frosh cut the hearing allowing only the remaining few hundred to state their name, location, and position. I waited in line for another 20 minutes just to do that. The last of us left around 9:30.

Frosh and Co. looked worn down, that's why they hurried the last of us out. We'd have otherwise kept them there until dawn. But the fight isn't over, folks. Stay vigilant!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, we stayed until they kicked us put as well. I wanted to give them a piece of my mind. This is only the beginning ladies ad gentlemen. We mustent let up at all. Remain vigilant and stay focused. Not only do we have to end it here but we have to end it nation wide. Thank you an God bless to all who oppose these hitler minded boneheads and even more do to those who showed up to give them hell. United we stand!!! AND UNITED WE SHALL PROVEIL!!!!

P.S lol!!! What did ya's think about Police Commisioner Anthony Bates wonderful interpretation of the Constitution of Independence LOL!!! Talk about your all time humiliating **** up! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom