• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    a 10mm that small has to hurt, no?

Not really the ones I have shot are not as snappy as the 40s especially the 3 inch barrel CM40s they are snappy. However, I am in my late 60s and shoot a BFR .500 S&W revolver with 7.5 inch barrel it weighs 4 lbs. loaded. Typically shoot 50 rounds at the range. So a 40 or 10mm is just snappy.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Ed Brown generally runs magazine sales. Send in a 1911 magazine, doesn’t even have to function. Get a new EB mag for $10 (that’s what it was anyway). I believe the most you can trade in/buy this way is 10 at a time.
    Check the EB website to if offer is still valid.

franklinstein

NRA Life Member
    Mar 6, 2009
    Bethesda, MD
    Very nice purchase. I've heard good things about the 29, but don't personally own one. I bought a Colt Delta Elite back in the early 1990s and love shooting it. It's a larger framed 1911 so it's easy to handle, but does pack a bit of a kick depending on what you're using for ammo. I recently purchased a Sig P220 Hunter that I am dying to take to the range, but have not made the time to do. It's quite heavy overall so I am betting the recoil will be altogether mild.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    What 392001 said .....

The Glock Big Bore " Subcompacts " are confusingly named . They are very similar in size to G19 , etc .

That's one of my reasons for a G29 gen 3 in '13 , the potential versatility . A G20 mag with grip sleeve gives same handle to hold on to as G20 . Aftermarket extended bbls can give same or more length as G20 . You can " grow " a G29 easier than shrink a G20 .

Loads up to Silvertip level aren't any more challenging to shoot than a warm .45acp .

Eye hart 762

Apr 8, 2019
    The Springfield Armory XD-M Elite in 10mm with 3.8" barrel has caught my eye. wanting to see one in person.

I have been looking at those as well. Debating on xdm10 or 1911 in 10mm. The 15 rds of 10mm in the Springfield is garnering my attention.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Last time I was at Dulles show I grabbed a couple of G20 mags. Then Grabbed a G20 slide off Gun Broker for my G21. Fun shooter and my zombie shtf gun.

hammer67

Aug 21, 2016
    Ellicott City
    looks like the XDM elite 3.8" in 10mm only comes with 2-11 round mags. I hate this state! I wish manufacturers would sell version with 0 mags, reduce the cost appropriately (the actual cost of mags) , and let us buy our own mags. I hate losing mags when I buy a gun.

Eye hart 762

Apr 8, 2019
    looks like the XDM elite 3.8" in 10mm only comes with 2-11 round mags. I hate this state! I wish manufacturers would sell version with 0 mags, reduce the cost appropriately (the actual cost of mags) , and let us buy our own mags. I hate losing mags when I buy a gun.

You are correct. I misread your previous post. I overlooked the word “elite”. Yeah it sucks that there isn’t a 10rd option. Maybe when you get one your FFL will block the magazines for you.

hammer67

Aug 21, 2016
    Ellicott City
    Found a review of gun. (XD-M Elite 3.8" 10mm) So, I guess should ask dealer if he can swap out the baseplates, making the capacity 10 rounds, and then include the extended baseplates? Seems that should be legal?

"The included magazines hold 11 rounds of 10mm Auto ammo, and the pistol comes with two of them. They feature removable baseplates, and two extra flat baseplates were included with our sample that reduce the magazine capacity to 10 rounds."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom