• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatter

NEWB - Slack Appreciated!
    Mar 6, 2013
    Stewartstown, PA
    I just moved into the Stewartstown PA area, and would like to find more information about becoming a member of this club. I have found the website http://www.hopewellfg2.com/Home_Page.php
    and searched the MDS forums for information, but all the posts/info are from last year or previous.

Can anyone provide me with an idea of when their club activities start up this year, or provide a contact I can call or email?

TIA for any information you can provide

Charles Guggenheimer

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 19, 2005
    Seven Valleys PA
    I'm a Hopewell member and you just missed our monthly general membership meeting that was held last Tuesday night at 7:30 pm. New membership fees and rules just went into effect for 2014.

New members were required to work a number of hours per year for fundraising and/or work detail for their first 5 years that also helped cut the new member's yearly fee in half. But some of those requirements just changed and the fees were raised a little, from $60 to $70 for me.

I think the best thing to do instead of a call or email, is just show up between 7 and 7:30 before the meeting - should be Tuesday February 25th - and mention you are there to find out about joining. You can tell them this fellow MDS member is recommending you (my handle is my name) and I might even be there. I make it to about half of those meetings.

Hatter

NEWB - Slack Appreciated!
    Mar 6, 2013
    Stewartstown, PA
    Thank you very much for the quick response!

I will do my best to make one of those meetings (4th Tuesday of the month?), but I am scheduled to be in Eight Mile Alabama working that day, and then driving to Dallas the following day. I will be home for a day or two that weekend.

I will see if I can get my wife (who is also interested in becoming a member) or my son to sub in for me at the February meeting. They can at least get the membership information figured out so that I can follow through when possible. It figures that I found out about the club on Wednesday (1 day after the meeting) while I am in town.

Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the club members!

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom