• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShooterMcGee

Dec 31, 2012
    Does anyone know if Prince Georges rents Silver Pigeons or any 686? I was able to shoulder one the other day and it felt great compared to my 725. I am now tossing around the idea of selling my 725 and getting a Silver pigeon but really want to shoot the 2 together to compare them.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Does anyone know if Prince Georges rents Silver Pigeons or any 686? I was able to shoulder one the other day and it felt great compared to my 725. I am now tossing around the idea of selling my 725 and getting a Silver pigeon but really want to shoot the 2 together to compare them.

I know they rent Beretta O/U's, not sure which models, give them a call and ask,they should be able to help you.
    Beretta's and Brownings usually do feel different although the 725 was designed to be more Beretta like.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I know they rent Beretta O/U's, not sure which models, give them a call and ask,they should be able to help you.
    Beretta's and Brownings usually do feel different although the 725 was designed to be more Beretta like.

Hmmm.

Slimmer, lower profile, but, I wouldn't call it Beretta like. ;)

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    I believe the last OU I rented at PG a couple weeks ago was a 686 Sporting Clays gun. Because of that damned gun, I done drunk the Beretta Koolaid too! =)

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Yeah, even though it is a nice gun, it doesn't quite make it to Beretta status. lol

Give Browning a couple more decades and it might finally get there.

Centuries. :D

I can't wait for you to make the trek up so I can whip you and your Beretta a few good times.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Centuries. :D

I can't wait for you to make the trek up so I can whip you and your Beretta a few good times.

Oh, now the trash talk really starts. lol

I'm just hoping your Browning will be able to shoot for the occasion. I'll bring one of my spare Berettas just in case.

Pretty sure we all know that the gun doesn't make the shooter. It helps, but it isn't the be all, end all. I used to shoot trap just fine with a Citori. The Beretta just feels better to me. My 391 even more so than my 682.

Shoot me. I like Italian women, cars, bikes, and shotguns. Sometimes, it is a toss up between American made and Italian made.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I have a 391 Teknys too, I could whip you with that if it would seem more fair.:cool:

I'm not accustomed to getting whipped. Beaten by a slight margin, yes. Whipped, no. However, I guess there is a first for everything.

My pet peeve is when somebody blames the gun when they don't shoot well. So, use whatever gun you think will give you the best chance. Might want to go and look at some 10 gauges. lol

Edit to add: That is one place that Browning actually has the advantage over Beretta. Browning still makes 10 gauge shotguns in the Gold and BPS, for those that need the help. In the 20 years I have been following Beretta, not a single 10 gauge offering that I am aware of.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I have a BPS 10ga also, it ain't nuttin nice to shoot, definitely don't want to go shooting it 50 times back to back. :p

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I have a BPS 10ga also, it ain't nuttin nice to shoot, definitely don't want to go shooting it 50 times back to back. :p

You might need it though. lol

All kidding aside, I thought about getting a 10 gauge when I got into waterfowling. Thing is, it is great for the longer shots because of the increased density of the pattern versus just a longer shot string on a 12 gauge 3 1/2" shell, but a 10 gauge gun weighs a ton and isn't good for anything other than waterfowl hunting in a blind and turkey hunting.

Probably going to talk myself into a 10 gauge by the end of the day for those waterfowl blind occasions where the birds don't want to come any closer than 50 yards. lol Hunted with a guy that was using an Ithaca 10 gauge, and he was knocking down some ducks way out there.

Now look what I went and done did:

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/model-sp-10/model-sp-10-magnum-camo.aspx

Just checked out gunbroker and there is only one, new in box, Remington SP-10 for sale. Might have to talk to my FFL to get a price on it.

Mr H

Banana'd
    For me, but it's now a non-issue ;)

Went to look at them tonight, and the Longfowler didn't impress me.

Something about the furniture just seemed flimsy, and the 30" bbl was just that little bit "topheavy"

Checked the Condor in 28", and the stocks just seemed more robust, and the weighting came off ad being more Skeet-friendly, if there is such a thing.

Paid a little more, of course, but... Stoeger has a $50 rebate on all shottys theough DEC 31!

So, I couldn't pass that up.

Plus, to my amazement, I'm not yet the most hated person in the state (no comments!!!), and it was a pretty quick sale, back home within an hour.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    For me, but it's now a non-issue ;)

Went to look at them tonight, and the Longfowler didn't impress me.

Something about the furniture just seemed flimsy, and the 30" bbl was just that little bit "topheavy"

Checked the Condor in 28", and the stocks just seemed more robust, and the weighting came off ad being more Skeet-friendly, if there is such a thing.

Paid a little more, of course, but... Stoeger has a $50 rebate on all shottys theough DEC 31!

So, I couldn't pass that up.

Plus, to my amazement, I'm not yet the most hated person in the state (no comments!!!), and it was a pretty quick sale, back home within an hour.

Did they give you celebrity treatment? lol

Hope to see you out at PG sometime. Granted, the odds are slim because I don't get there as much as I used to. We shall see if I can shoot in with a "celebrity". lol

And yes, the Condor is a fine starter shotgun. I started with a Citori Lightning, but it could not handle thousands and thousands of shells a year so after my first full year of shooting trap and skeet I upgraded.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD

Before you make your decision you may also want to give Barts a call and see if you can try a Caesar Guerini Summit Sporting. List price is around 4k but street is 3200.00 or so. In my opinion they handle better than either of the B guns and have better triggers.
    http://gueriniusa.com/shotguns/summit-sporting/

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Also, instead of buying a cheap shotgun, just spend some time at PG and rent shotguns.

See what you like, and if you like the game. If not, you are not out much in rental fees. If you like it, then shop for a decent shotgun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom