• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    "TOP GUN". Horrible. Place is run by a father and his son. BOTH have attitudes and have no idea how to treat customers (and I'm NOT thin skinned).

Walked in one day. 4 customers there. I said I wanted to get an appraisal on a firearm. Father said "come back tomorrow". Went back several days later. Same question. 3 customers in store. Son said "come back in an hour".

WTF

I did not go back. In fact, I will never go back.

Cp193

Sep 24, 2020
    Atlantic guns is awesome! I’m happy they moved to a bigger spot, although I miss them being up the street in silver spring

Saberwalk

MDS Supporter
    Aug 13, 2020
    MD
    Another + for United Gun Shop in Rockville. Did my HQL training through LTTC Safety which is a UGS preferred partner. I like going in there because all the staff are really friendly, take time with their customers, are extremely accessible, and helpful. Bought an AR and VRBP-100 there. They are primarily my FFL though, because their prices are pandemic steep.

Not in MD, but also a shout for NOVA Armory in Arlington. Again, really friendly an accessible staff, plus HC magazines:)

rootytootyshooty

Apr 12, 2019
    Not in MD, but also a shout for NOVA Armory in Arlington. Again, really friendly an accessible staff, plus HC magazines:)

-1 for NOVA. NEVER put in an online order through them. Twice I ordered hc mags for glock and cmmg .22, and the order was not filled correctly either time, I was offered a "discount" on ammunition instead. Would have been ok if I had the mags to put ammo in. Their inventory is an absolute mess.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Clark Gun Locker in Aberdeen, Md

Great people, great service, they are doing a good job keeping inventory as well.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Thanks for posting this. Saw them the other day but haven't stopped in yet. Was wondering if it was worth it. I'll have to stop in soon.

Happy to inform :party29:

They've been in business for a little less than two years but have expanded considerably since the beginning. They have HQL courses that include fingerprinting services, application assistance, and shopping help. They usual have a fairly good inventory of Smith and Wesson, Glock, and other assorted pistols they can get in this crazy time we are in. Also have some assorted long guns and even a few accessories. Stop by and enjoy.

TD

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    This is not my first post. We were talking about a first poster that said they had a bad experience. Not me

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

I was referring to the other poster, sorry for the confusion. Rereding my comment, I should have been clearer

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    JLowe's Guns always good and now that they have partnered with Tactical Shepard and have a brick and mortar store even better.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    The gunshop I miss the most, Lou's shop. (Sorry the concussion strikes again) Lou was a cool guy, with cool guns, and cool attitude. Never forget the time someone came into his store, (obviously the first time) asking for Lou, Lou told him he got fired!

Funny thing, my first firearm was purchased from Continental, since then EVERY firearm was from Lou, or BBP- MD Elite. Then the horrible boating accident.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    The gunshop I miss the most, Lou's shop. (Sorry the concussion strikes again) Lou was a cool guy, with cool guns, and cool attitude. Never forget the time someone came into his store, (obviously the first time) asking for Lou, Lou told him he got fired!

Funny thing, my first firearm was purchased from Continental, since then EVERY firearm was from Lou, or BBP- MD Elite. Then the horrible boating accident.

Shooter's Discount. :thumbsup: Lou had a unique yet funny sense of humor. :lol:

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    In no particular order,
    Group 1 that I've never had a bad experience at:

JLowes
    2A Sales
    South Carroll Sporting Goods
    Blue Fins
    Baltimore's Best Pawn
    High Rock Outfitters
    J&K Pawn
    Dick's Sporting Goods
    (few years back)

Next group, Group 2, in no particular order, was never more than just "OK":

Gun Connection
    Freestate
    Cabelas
    (Delaware)

My least favorites, again, in no particular order, that will never see another penny

The Gun Shop :tdown:
    Sold me (unknowingly) a stolen gun, laughed about on the phone when I found out & called him (Bob) about it, then changed his tune REAL QUICK, once the MSP visited his place and found out he had actually bought 30 stolen firearms...it suddenly was no longer funny

Scott's Gunsmithing :tdown:
    3 years ago...Dealing with Larry, the "Manager" was by far the worst experience I have ever had buying ANYTHING from ANYWHERE, bar none...

Biggest condescending smart-mouthed ******* I've ever met in my life...

Now, bald headed Larry, who worked the counter, was great.:thumbsup:
    Scott, was also cordial to me, a new (1st and last time) customer. :bigwhoop:

I've always wanted to visit:
    Duffy's & Tyler's
    and, now, Tactical Shepherd, since he/they have partnered with John Lowe.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Our MDS member sxs works at Scott's. He is the only reason I've ever gone in. The other fellow who works the counter is also good, I think his name is Matt.

Larry is a pain in the ass. Last time I was in there I witnessed some of Scott's "wheeling and dealing" which left a bad taste in my mouth. I only go in if there's a real reason I never go to browse

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Our MDS member sxs works at Scott's. He is the only reason I've ever gone in. The other fellow who works the counter is also good, I think his name is Matt.

Larry is a pain in the ass. Last time I was in there I witnessed some of Scott's "wheeling and dealing" which left a bad taste in my mouth. I only go in if there's a real reason I never go to browse

<---- as per my join date....I had just began my renewed interest in firearms, and went there to buy a LE Trade-In that was advertised on this site, in their sub-forum.

Never met anybody there other than the 2 opposite Larrys, and Scott himself.

But I'm not a looker, lol. I went there to buy. Still did make a purchase, but won't bother going back. Too many other places are happy to take my cash.

forkauto

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Sep 26, 2013
    Hampstead, Md
    For the last 10-12 years, I have only used Duffys in Sparks Md. I like to spend my money local and build a relationship with a place and enjoy the perks that come with that...

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    A few I will not deal with.

Gun Connection. I went in once, in the height of the 2013 madness. He was talking about charging a weekly storage few on handguns that were waiting on 77Rs.

Freestate. I ordered a rifle from Bud's. Before, I confirmed the transfer fee. I went in to pick it up, and they wanted to charge me more, as they were having to buy more safes to hold the stuff waiting for 77Rs. Mine was a rifle, it was in and out in less than 48 hours. AND, you had quoted me the price. After some argument, they did it for the quoted price.

United. I saw something listed in their consignment thread here. I messaged, and said I would take it, but I was out of the country, so it would be the next week before I could get in to the store. I was told if someone came in and bought it before I got there, too bad. HUH?? F-them.

Shops that I have purchased from that give excellent service, The Bank, Duffy's. And in the old days, Lou45.

Others I have had good experiences with, even though I have not yet purchased from them, 2A, Tyler's, Engage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom