• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scope3334

Industry Partner
    Mar 12, 2016
    I have been searching for hours and cant seem to find a definite answer. Does a geissele mk14 rail fit with a 13.9 barrel with a warcomp? And will a surefire socom mini lockup?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Scope3334

Industry Partner
    Mar 12, 2016
    The mk14 I have is the 13.5 inch. Did geissele make a 13" mk14 in the past?

Some places I read says the mk14 along with the 13.9 triarc barrel will work with the warcomp/surefire socom mini combo, others say it wont. I know it will be very close if it does.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The mk14 I have is the 13.5 inch. Did geissele make a 13" mk14 in the past?

Some places I read says the mk14 along with the 13.9 triarc barrel will work with the warcomp/surefire socom mini combo, others say it wont. I know it will be very close if it does.

Looking at the tape measure, it looks as though you will come up roughly 1/8" too long(rail length) if you mount the brake directly to the barrel shoulder. It's that close. You could theoretically shim out from the shoulder using suppressor shims, though it would probably require more than one shim set to achieve this. I'm going by my 556 SOCOM on a standard Surefire three prong QD muzzle brake.

ETA: On the other hand( I have done this...), the Mk14 rail can be shortened at the muzzle end. If you are going black, you can easily tough up the sawn end with some fine sand paper and some Aluma black. https://www.cheaperthandirt.net/bir...Lj6DyyjRfMCdabKplai5yxTc8N5A4FAIaAs2OEALw_wcB

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom