• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    This is in response to how many will move.
    Our opposition may be tenacious and petty but they are not stupid.

A promise to move is not a threat, it's an offer to surrender your position.

I do not know why some here insist on adding to our disadvantages by offering to quit.

I have detailed my reasons for thinking that this line of argument foolish elsewhere.

You can disagree, but I will not debate.

What I will do is make clear that If this Bill passes the fight is only begun.

I will make it a year round effort . I will put money and time into it.

I will vote. I will be here...

Freedom is my Birthright
    I will not yield it.
    I will make my fellow citizens claim their birthright of freedom.
    This I swear.

And I am not going anywhere.

UPDATE
    Some of the replies imply that I am claiming that moving is surrender, that is not my point. It should be obvious that if you relocate for other reasons that is not the case.
    Likewise you can and should fight on regardless.

This thread is to counter the " if you do I will leave " argument.

The intent is that our opposition take no comfort, and would be wise to disregard those threats, as many more of us have no such plans.

UPDATE2

I do not know why some feel the need to weaken our position by taking of moving.

If you move you are no longer in a position to vote.
    This is not the proper forum for what if planing and venting about how Md is no good anyway.

Think poker. Think poker face. For the love of God our fight is hard enough we do not need to undercut our own position.

Last edited:

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    Telling the politicians that these laws will force you out of Maryland does nothing to help our cause, in fact it's probay music to their ears. They would like nothing more than for all of us to just go away.

I am doing just the opposite.....I was planning to move out of Md in the next couple of years. But then they started in with all of this legislative BS. Pissed me off enough to stay and fight. Screw them, me and my guns and my love of 2A aren't going anywhere!

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The missus and I have discussed recently the idea of getting out of Maryland. Unfortunately her career is tied to the state and county, so I'll simply have to be tolerant until she gets to a point where she can move on and maintain her full retirement. Right now we're looking just over the PA line - that keeps us sufficiently close to her family (my family is kind of all over the place) and it makes me MUCH happier about what I can and can't do with firearms.

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    Moving is a temporary fix. The cancer will spread everywhere. It has already infiltrated the midwest (Colorado) .

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Moving isn't the answer. That, to the libtards, is a win in their behalf. This fight will never go away and is up to us to hold our ground and not let the ignorance of this country destroy us and future generations.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    fighting the good fight, will continue to do so no matter where i live.

i just happen to be moving for other reasons (career shift putting wife back into grad school)

straightsilver3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 2, 2011
    everywhere
    Moving is a temporary fix. The cancer will spread everywhere. It has already infiltrated the midwest (Colorado) .

This:thumbsup:I stated in another thread The ban is the final straw for me,That's not the only reason Maryland holds nothing for me anymore. Yes my family is here My daughter's grown,Split with the EX Always had a love for the south it's where my heart is So why stay here.

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    Why can't I plan to move (more for economical purposes) AND continue the fight? I planned to move out of MD long before all of this started happening, and it hasn't stopped me from rallying, contributing, testifying, etc. Just because I plan to move doesn't mean that fight stops. Just saying is all...

However, I agree, telling Politicians you will move helps no one, and will more than likely hurt the cause.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I'm not going anywhere. Period!

If my children decide to hang there hats in this state, I'm gonna' make damn sure they are gonna' do it in a free state. It might be a futile effort, but the ground needs to be stood here and now. People packin' up and moving out (which I really can understand) are just making the monster bigger, and are simply ignoring the problem that will eventually bite them in the arse wherever they decide to run away to.

However, I don't see the "movers" as the problem. I see the inactive ones as the problem. The ones who just sit back and take it without a fight. They (in my opinion) are our biggest enemy.

Winchester_guy87

Mar 2, 2011
    Odenton
    I have no intentions of moving… I was born and raised in Maryland and love this state (well most of it). I have plans to stay and fight these outrageous proposal limiting my 2A rights. You are correct in saying the cancer will spread, so why not stay and take a stand, here in your state, on what you believe is your rights. If you run it’s only a matter of time before this finds you and your new home in another state then what will you do…. You will be doing the same thing we are doing now fighting or you will just rollover and let them have their way then they have won.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Getting out of this mad hatters tea party of maryland would be what I would love to do, but can't and won't. Those of you who want to leave I understand but you will have to stand and fight somewhere. The 6th surprised them and they were not ready for it, thus the reason for the haste to move the bill into the senate to try to not only blunt some of our resistence on the 1st but to convince the fence sitters in the senate that the 6th was a fluke and it can't happen again. They don't dare take the chance the 1st will be bigger than the 6th as their power will evaporate, regardless of what comes out of committee and gets through the senate we must put up a showing at least as large as the 6th and convince them we are here to stay and fix the problems.

Winchester_guy87

Mar 2, 2011
    Odenton
    Why can't I plan to move (more for economical purposes) AND continue the fight? I planned to move out of MD long before all of this started happening, and it hasn't stopped me from rallying, contributing, testifying, etc. Just because I plan to move doesn't mean that fight stops. Just saying is all...

However, I agree, telling Politicians you will move helps no one, and will more than likely hurt the cause.

There is nothing wrong with moving for economic reasons. All I hear from gun owners is that “I moving because of these bills and the politics”, I am sorry but that’s just being lazy. People need to start making their voice be heard. If you’re moving because you work in Virginia or because you want to go back to school there is nothing wrong with that. I think that’s totally logical, but to move because you don’t want to deal with some B.S. politician and his or hers views, that’s just wrong.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

It was never the point to suggest otherwise. It was the point to suggest to our opposition that they should take no heart from, and likely disregard ,those who promise to move as a result of this legislation.

Nothing else was implied.

Thus "yes I will fight" is sufficient. All else is not prevent.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Maryland was never a place I planned to retire, so moving is in my future regardless of what happens. In the meantime, short of outright confiscation I plan to continue residing here and pushing back.

The thing is, moving cuts both ways; yes it makes this state more likely to go the way of New York, but it makes another state that much LESS likely to buckle. I'd much prefer to defend my rights in a state where I was surrounded by a majority of like-minded people, and one where I can buy what I want without jumping through hoops. I don't think it's entirely defeatist to move where the climate is more appropriate for your lifestyle.

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    Moving is playing right into their hands as it moves gun control opposition to another state. Right now I am fighting and I will continue to fight whatever the outcome as long as I live in this state!

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    There is nothing wrong with moving for economic reasons. All I hear from gun owners is that “I moving because of these bills and the politics”, I am sorry but that’s just being lazy. People need to start making their voice be heard. If you’re moving because you work in Virginia or because you want to go back to school there is nothing wrong with that. I think that’s totally logical, but to move because you don’t want to deal with some B.S. politician and his or hers views, that’s just wrong.

Agreed.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN

Thats for telling people their opinion is wrong. Glad you are ultimate voice of reason. And seriously, you think were not fighting? Were YOU in Annapolis? I sure was, I was there with all other people who let our voices be heard. Perhaps many of us want to move for a lot of reasons but we mainly talk about gun stuff since this a gun forum. But thanks for telling us whats right and wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom