• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spank308

Jul 24, 2012
    Last night should be proof that system we call democracy will work with emails and pressure-NOT!!!!! When this bill is final,and it will be,whats next? Call me negative,but I'M a realist . Their humor shows what they think of your opinion.Just my.02.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Last night should be proof that system we call democracy will work with emails and pressure-NOT!!!!! When this bill is final,and it will be,whats next? Call me negative,but I'M a realist . Their humor shows what they think of your opinion.Just my.02.

The bill has not passed. It was pushed out of committee. It took hours. It should have taken 20 min. We. Did that.

We will do it again when it hits the floor. Then we will do it in the house.

It is not over. That is a fact. If you let them bait you.... you let them win.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Running spares the humiliation that comes with the inevitable surrender. This fight is over. Some know it, some are taking their time before accepting it. It is over.

Coon skin hats and childish terminology like 'fartbongo' and 'libtard' didn't accomplish ANYTHING. While folks sat around thinking of asinine childish names to call O'Malley and crew, they got busy beating the hell out of us.

And all the mispronounced Greek slogans you want to wave on flags won't change the fact that when the laws roll through, people will either run or kneel.

People of your ilk are a cancer to the 2A movement, and serve no productive purpose among our ranks.
    Twice before I have been faced with relocating or shooting people. I grew up in a crappy area and found myself confronting thieves and thugs all too frequently and was running out of options. I truely would have preferred to clean up the neighborhood but that probably would not have gone well in the long run.
    My last house was nice and my immediate neighbors were great but crack bags at the end of my driveway and drivearound shooters made me decide to find someplace else for my kids to grow up. Again it would have been satisfying to empty ammo drums into the offending vehicles and turn my dogs and myself on the others trashing my neighborhood but again I think I would be the one going to jail.
    Once again I find myself facing flight or prison. I have spent my entire adult life not doing things that needed done to protect my franchise. Now it is the Legislature and their willing minions that I am left with no "legal" means to deal with or go someplace where I am not considered a criminal. It would be far more satisfying to give every Domestic Enemy the treatment they would have received 200 or so years ago and if it comes to that(which is the only thing that will save this country) I will whole heartedly approve. But at this point if after we fight the good fight and are left with the choice of leaving or becoming a criminals subject to the whims of Frosh and his minions I think leaving Froshes sphere of influence will be the better part of valor until him and all of his ilk are tarred and feathered for real.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    There is a big difference in qualifying one's statement by saying they will move if something passes, versus declaring an ongoing fight already lost. Making a proclamation of defeat is a slap in the face to all those pro 2A advocates that as we speak are working hard writing and calling their elected officials to see to it this abomination is not signed into law. Can you see the difference?

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    The bill has not passed. It was pushed out of committee. It took hours. It should have taken 20 min. We. Did that.

We will do it again when it hits the floor. Then we will do it in the house.

It is not over. That is a fact. If you let them bait you.... you let them win.

This is where I stand as well. I am not leaving my home that I have worked all my life for. I am not going to cower down. I am in this fight with all I have until the very end. IF it passes to law, I will still keep up the fight to dethrone the ones that supported it and abolish it. The American Dream doesn't include running from unconstitutional laws IMHO.

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    Participating in a gun buy-back because you believe that the criminals have
    too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you believe that the
    neighbors have too many kids.

jhartmac

Jan 7, 2007
    Virginia/maryland
    Listen everyone, we all know whats going on right? The issue is we have to educated people very quick, a quick learning curve, they have been drowned with real loss of life by firearms, and politicians telling them that guns are bad. Its a generation in Maryland that has no clue. Before it got to this is where the problem was.............we didn't start early enough. Why is that other states are doing better? It's because these states are educated maybe it was the parents or friends dunno, but whatever it was it worked.

I am not saying to give up, I am just pointing out what our real threat is. If people don't stand up and I mean as in a couple hundred thousand, we loose. I know we have enough out there, not just here on this website, the problem is getting OUT to them. Short of all out war which is coming anyway, its a long battle.....I do believe however MSI and others are doing the right thing, firearm ownership and the realities of crime need to be out there. THEY CANNOT LEGISLATE MURDER OUT OF SOMEONES MIND..........its impossible........

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    This is where I stand as well. I am not leaving my home that I have worked all my life for. I am not going to cower down. I am in this fight with all I have until the very end. IF it passes to law, I will still keep up the fight to dethrone the ones that supported it and abolish it. The American Dream doesn't include running from unconstitutional laws IMHO.

:clap:

Right there with you!

March 1st is merely 7 days away - looking forward to seeing a bunch of you on this board and your friends!

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Running spares the humiliation that comes with the inevitable surrender. This fight is over. Some know it, some are taking their time before accepting it. It is over.

Coon skin hats and childish terminology like 'fartbongo' and 'libtard' didn't accomplish ANYTHING. While folks sat around thinking of asinine childish names to call O'Malley and crew, they got busy beating the hell out of us.

And all the mispronounced Greek slogans you want to wave on flags won't change the fact that when the laws roll through, people will either run or kneel.

Then go. Just be quiet about it while the adults try to do the fighting for you.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN

"Front and center"....more like run and hide..yellow belly

spank308

Jul 24, 2012
    Let me be clear.I'm not cowering.Through years of watching govt disregarding the constitution and laws that protect illegals or criminals.I plan much further than plan A or B.I think its time for making this a national nightmare for politicians to cower to the people to govern for the people and not some outside agenda. I plan to take to use energy on there known weaknesses.

jhartmac

Jan 7, 2007
    Virginia/maryland
    Unfortunately we are headed for the time where those particular politicians are held responsible directly for their actions and agendas. This is the only way it appears change will happen.

wklohr

Stand Ye Steady!
    Jul 9, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Friends, I have lived in a part of the world where abuse of power was/is the norm. My apartment building in Warsaw, Poland, still had pock marked walls from machine gun fire from 1944. From 1795 until 1918, Poland ceased to be a recognized nation, occupied by Russians, Germans and Austrians. The Poles are a people who kept alive their language, culture and traditions for 120 years under severe oppression. They refused to give in; the harder they were oppressed, the stronger grew their will to endure. We must do the same.

The most powerful weapon we possess is our right to vote and to make our voices heard in the halls of power. I am convinced that we must continually, actively be involved in the process of governing and make our voices continually ring in their ears of Annapolis. Our legislators must see themselves as first among equals to us, the people, not as parents of unruly children. They must know clearly, that to ignore our voices is a sure means to being voted out of office. Emails, and calls, and letters and visits DO count and DO have effect. And when it is not the desired effect, we elect people who are not deaf to our wishes.

TrevorWills

May 20, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    This is in response to how many will move.
    Our opposition may be tenacious and petty but they are not stupid.

A promise to move is not a threat, it's an offer to surrender your position.

I do not know why some here insist on adding to our disadvantages by offering to quit.

I have detailed my reasons for thinking that this line of argument foolish elsewhere.

You can disagree, but I will not debate.

What I will do is make clear that If this Bill passes the fight is only begun.

I will make it a year round effort . I will put money and time into it.

I will vote. I will be here...

Freedom is my Birthright
    I will not yield it.
    I will make my fellow citizens claim their birthright of freedom.
    This I swear.

And I am not going anywhere.

[/B]

I am with you!

skinsfan

Apr 1, 2008
    gotta stay for the time being...so fight it is...as i said in another post though,i will not spend a dime in this lousy state that i can spend in one of the border states so as to deny them what they crave(money and power)...i will carry thru on my promise to vote the bums out also....it seems that MD is just a perfect example of the way the the entire country is flowing...uneducated and looking for a nanny...i didn't miss the irony in my grammar and the uneducated statement btw

Bravo

Bravo
    Feb 18, 2013
    Howard County
    I am going to Annapolis on both the 1st and 5th because these cowards are not going to is discourage me one iota. Even if their unconstitional measure passes with. Owe Malley's lackeys, I will start giving my money for a court battle.

How can you tax someone to exercise a constitutional right? Let your friends and neighbors know that this has nothing to do with AR 15's but is a constitutional abuse and backhanded gun grab. I educated 2 people today who were shocked when they found out what is being proposed in this bill, and they promised to use the AGC links to send emails.

Some of these I'm going to quit mentality posts make me want to puke. Delegate Bobo looked and sounded distraught at the amount of resistance that is being encountered. Say the course and donate, attend , and inform.

Bravo

MessedUpMike

Jan 29, 2011
    I'm sticking around. I like a good underdog fight. As a Gorgeous Prince George's voter Mr Muse is going to be about sick of me by the end of next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom