• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    .19 insane? I can't reload my own that cheap even if I'm using cheap bullets.

Me don't like steel cased ammo though. Just brass. Don't like the bimetal bullet either. Its a no go for me shooting steel at my range.

I find that Target shooting, Tulamo Russian ammo is the least accurate. I only use that in my 7.62x39 guns and I"m relegated to target shoot anyway.

If I did not over buy bullets to reload during the last ammo scare, I'd be buying 223 from AmmoJohn right now.

Me don't like steel cased ammo though. Just brass. Don't like the bimetal bullet either. Its a no go for me shooting steel at my range.

I find that Target shooting, Tulamo Russian ammo is the least accurate. I only use that in my 7.62x39 guns and I"m relegated to target shoot anyway.

If I did not over buy bullets to reload during the last ammo scare, I'd be buying 223 from AmmoJohn right now.

I have said it many times... At the current price of 9mm and .223/5.56, I don't see a point in reloading them. I have (hoarded) components for the inevitable next ammo fiasco, but I'm not willing to put that much time and effort into them to save a few bucks.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And ....... Ammo Jon for the win .

0.19 / rd net isn't outrageous , it's as cheap as any centerfire ammo gets, and will be going up before it comes back down .

The real question is whether it's better in both present sense or long run to use steel commie ammo , or brass from Jon .

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Try Ammoman.com

The price you see is the price you pay. It may seem higher than Lucky Gunner and other places but Ammoman has the shipping already figured in.

around 5-10 years ago they had some pretty nice prices. since then i haven't seen anything from them close to the lowest prices.

if you do want a go-to place that has low/reasonable prices with freight included in case quantities, targetsportsusa gets a thumbs up.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    around 5-10 years ago they had some pretty nice prices. since then i haven't seen anything from them close to the lowest prices.

if you do want a go-to place that has low/reasonable prices with freight included in case quantities, targetsportsusa gets a thumbs up.

Someone’s going to be paying more ;)

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge

They used to have much better prices, for sure. Now they are about even with many other places.

I just like the fact that the price you see is the price you pay. At least it used to be that way, I believe they changed ownership and I haven't bought from them in a few years.

It always pissed me off to add in a couple cases of ammo, then have to go all through the checkout ******** before you could find out what the shipping was going to run you.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    You can find that ammo dude, I think his name is Joan, at any good kosher deli.

Ammo Joan?

Are we starting another Transgender WTF thread?

But to be clear if ammo Joan had better prices than Ammo Jon half of us cheap bastards would have no problem buying ammo from a dude in a dress, if it saved a buck. Just sayin’

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Ammo Joan?

But to be clear if ammo Joan had better prices than Ammo Jon half of us cheap bastards would have no problem buying ammo from a dude in a dress, if it saved a buck. Just sayin’

You’re being modest, the difference could be 5 cents and id still lose the sale :)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

If you buy 6000 Hornady 55 grain FMJBT bullets, there are 7.3 cents per rounds.

Primers are 3 cents each.

Powder is about 11 cents per round.

So, not including case, just over 23 cents per round to reload.

Buy at 25 - 30 cents per round is pretty darn cheap.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Ammo Joan?

Well, anytime I've bought ammo from Ammo Jon, he is wearing a dress....

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I was at Walmart in Columbia last night. Only brass cased and 27 cents per round for the 200 box. Not such a bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom