• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living

“He was able to obtain a gun, and in doing so he changed my life, our lives and our town forever,” she said during the slightly more than two-hour hearing. “The emphasis on this bill is simple: making sure that permits needed to carry firearms are issued only to responsible gun owners. These are important safeguards because we know that more guns in more places only increases the likelihood of an argument or disagreement escalating into a shooting.”

1. W&C permits are already issued to responsible gun owners

2. Was her husbands murderer a W&C permit holder?

3. Will the Anti-Gun, Anti-Equity and racist cruel fiends ever stop manipulating and using victims?

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    The truly sad thing that she doesn't see that if someone at that office was carrying her husband would have had better chance to come home.

Shanny

Jul 14, 2022
    Maryland
    I’m sure I’ll catch it for this, but I thought “the right of the people” is just that, THE people, not a pre-selected and verified few

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    I’m sure I’ll catch it for this, but I thought “the right of the people” is just that, THE people, not a pre-selected and verified few
    "The Senate version notes an applicant who seeks a concealed carry permit must be endorsed by four people who are “reputable, not related to the applicant by blood or law” and have known that individual for at least three years before the date that person submits an application."

The emphasis of this bill is simple; to defy the SCOTUS, throw a tantrum and restore their petty but not insignificant control over their subjects.

BurtonRW

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    The truly sad thing that she doesn't see that if someone at that office was carrying her husband would have had better chance to come home.

IIRC, there was an individual in an office on one of the upper floors (not a Capital office or employee) who was armed and took cover when the shooting started.

-Rob

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    "The Senate version notes an applicant who seeks a concealed carry permit must be endorsed by four people who are “reputable, not related to the applicant by blood or law” and have known that individual for at least three years before the date that person submits an application."

The emphasis of this bill is simple; to defy the SCOTUS, throw a tantrum and restore their petty but not insignificant control over their subjects.

The MGA has only one legitimate way to deal with the situation...comply with the SCOTUS decision.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    IIRC, there was an individual in an office on one of the upper floors (not a Capital office or employee) who was armed and took cover when the shooting started.

-Rob
    I'm a civilian, that's where I would have been.

In a defensive posture being ready if he came up stairs for more.

Had I been downstairs I would like to thing I would have fought back.

I'm not fooling myself, but at least I would have had the opportunity.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Many problems with the little dick lady.

#1 - The Capital G. knew they had a crack head stalking and threatening people and made no issue to protect their assets (People)
    #2 - A crazed gunman with a record (i believe) obtained a gun in a illegal act.

**** The permit process is the checks and balance they ask for and we follow. Not they we should need permission from the Crown/King

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019

“He was able to obtain a gun, and in doing so he changed my life, our lives and our town forever,” she said during the slightly more than two-hour hearing. “The emphasis on this bill is simple: making sure that permits needed to carry firearms are issued only to responsible gun owners. These are important safeguards because we know that more guns in more places only increases the likelihood of an argument or disagreement escalating into a shooting.”

1. W&C permits are already issued to responsible gun owners

3. Will the Anti-Gun, Anti-Equity and racist cruel fiends ever stop manipulating and using victims?
    It is really the only thing they have.
    Have you noticed they "role out" the capital-Gazette familes every year, no matter what the anti gun bill is? Even though that shooting had nothing to do with what ever anti 2A bill they are pushing.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    It is really the only thing they have.
    Have you noticed they "role out" the capital-Gazette familes every year, no matter what the anti gun bill is? Even though that shooting had nothing to do with what ever anti 2A bill they are pushing.
    I've only recently begun to pay attention.

Answer; No.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    HB824 and SB1 take very very different approaches to this. Don't confuse the two.

SB1 is trying to make carrying legally basically impossible and add burden to the application process

HB824 doubles fees, adds some disqualifiers to the list, and adds some language to the mandated training topics but doesn't expand the number of hours.

Mister F

Aug 16, 2022
    Rockville
    I'm a civilian, that's where I would have been.

In a defensive posture being ready if he came up stairs for more.

Had I been downstairs I would like to thing I would have fought back.

I'm not fooling myself, but at least I would have had the opportunity.

That’s me. I’m not going out risking my neck, or god forbid missing a perp and hitting an innocent. But, I also don’t want to be in the “hide” part of “run hide fight” with just, as Clemenza would so eloquently put it, my “d*ck in [my] hand.”

EDIT: it was Santino that said that, TO Clemeza. Realized that this morning when I woke up chucking at that line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Yep. My endorsement is The Constitution, these tyrants can fvck off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis

Her husband's murderer used a full sized shotgun. Not concealable. As much as Ms Chambliss would like to, there is no connection to her husband's murder and this bill.
    That is a favorite tactic, in my experience the usual tactic of "mom's" who testify: To relate tragic story some how connected to the witness but in no way relevant to the bill under discussion.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Her husband's murderer used a full sized shotgun. Not concealable. As much as Ms Chambliss would like to, there is no connection to her husband's murder and this bill.
    That is a favorite tactic, in my experience the usual tactic of "mom's" who testify: To relate tragic story some how connected to the witness but in no way relevant to the bill under discussion.
    Maybe it is time to point out in testimony, after she speaks, that tragedies involving legally bought shotguns that are misused have nothing to do with legislation to allow law abiding citizens to carry handguns for protection except that if someone in that office had been able to carry a handgun for protection maybe they and the other victims would be alive today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom