• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Anybody been there? It is supposedly an up and coming "world class" range but access to the 1000 yards range seems very limited. Any thoughts on possible membership?

http://peacemakernational.com/

With Quantico about the same haul, not sure which would be better. There is also Tango Down Range but not sure if that's worth the trip either.

Feedback is appreciated!

MDlocal

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    Been thinking about checking this place out but they close too early during the week. If they stayed open later, I def would've been by there already.

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    I was there this past Saturday.

Great facility- nice little (pun intended) gun shop, friendly RSO's- lots of options to shoot.

My guess as to the limited hours for the 1000 yard range is they have to close 60%+ of the facilities to operate that range. The access roads to the other shooting areas pass directly in the line of fire.

For me- the drive is too long to consider membership, but for the occasional 300+ yard shoot- I would gladly recommend it.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback! It looks like I will just need to buy that 50 acres in the country sooner rather than later!!

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    Sure thing!

Let me know when you get that land.... I could also use a place closer to shoot too! (And kill tasty animals!)

TheGoodSoldier

Oath Keeper
    Jan 25, 2013
    Silver Spring
    I've been there twice now and was actually there this past Sunday for my first 3-gun (In which I thoroughly embarrassed myself lol especially after the batteries on my EOTech died and forgot to bring spares and poorly zero'd Irons....) Really nice place and the 1,000yrd range is nice but like stated above the ONE road that leads to the rest of the ranges there that are 300+ runs RIGHT IN-FRONT of the bench area to shoot the 1,000yrds. Nice place but too far to be worth the membership....

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    I was there sat- for the 3 gun- also first time and had a experience like yours- poorly sighted in rifle- had a blast though!!!!!!

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Sure thing!

Let me know when you get that land.... I could also use a place closer to shoot too! (And kill tasty animals!)

Sorry bro, moving to the Old Dominion state. Had enough of the "Free State".

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    So with the 1000 yard range difficulties - access road, scheduling, having to be a member AND qualify by shooting MOA on the shorter rifle ranges...

What about Quantico or Tango Down? Any experiences at either?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom