• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    10/22 Tech Sights and Suppressor?

Does anyone have experience threading a factory 10/22 barrel?

I want to be able to use both tech sights and a suppressor on my 22, but it looks like there aren't very many good options in aftermarket barrels with a front sight dovetail.

I imagine it can be don't, but the front sight barrel band would need to be moved.

If this is too expensive or not worth the effort, are there any other options out there for threaded barrels and irons on a 10/22?

Thanks!

Last edited:

abcabc

Nov 30, 2015
    You can get a tactical 10/22 that has a flash hider and threaded barrel already.

MSRP is $330 but at walmart last night they said they could get it for $250 for me.

Granted that is a lot more than a barrel threading job but it would be from the ruger factory so you know it'd be spot on and you'd keep the iron sights. You can get a take-down version of it like that too if you're into that.

http://ruger.com/products/1022Tactical/models.html

http://ruger.com/products/1022Takedown/models.html

Disclaimer: I have no experience with silencers/suppressors.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    You can get a tactical 10/22 that has a flash hider and threaded barrel already.

MSRP is $330 but at walmart last night they said they could get it for $250 for me.

Granted that is a lot more than a barrel threading job but it would be from the ruger factory so you know it'd be spot on and you'd keep the iron sights. You can get a take-down version of it like that too if you're into that.

http://ruger.com/products/1022Tactical/models.html

http://ruger.com/products/1022Takedown/models.html

Disclaimer: I have no experience with silencers/suppressors.

Thanks, but you missed the point of my post. Suppressing a 10/22 is easy. Its the additional element of being able to use Tech Sights that makes it difficult.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    It costs about $150 to have the barrel threaded and the sight band moved back.

While this is expensive, you can have the threads cut for your suppressor. Ruger factory threads are too long and require a spacer for suppressor use.

Adco threads them, there are also guys offering the service on ebay. They might be a little cheaper.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA

While this is expensive, you can have the threads cut for your suppressor. Ruger factory threads are too long and require a spacer for suppressor use.

Adco threads them, there are also guys offering the service on ebay. They might be a little cheaper.

You're the man! Adco does it for $120. This is perfect. Thank you!

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    I have been wanting to do similar. Cut a dovetail into a GM barrel that I have and have it threaded so I can remove the scope, add tech sights and shoot suppressed. One of those way down towards the bottom of the list projects.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I have been wanting to do similar. Cut a dovetail into a GM barrel that I have and have it threaded so I can remove the scope, add tech sights and shoot suppressed. One of those way down towards the bottom of the list projects.

It should be a bad ass little shooter. I want to set it up for Appleseed and for my wife to plink with. A suppressed 22 with irons is the perfect gun to introduce new shooters to the sport.

Jmorrismetal

Sep 27, 2014
    I did this one.

1022.jpg

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia

Not sure if you already sent it in or where you're located in VA. There is a great gunsmith (US Tactical) in Vienna, VA. He threaded mine and moved the sights back for $125. He did an outstanding job.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side

I am also interested in having my barrel threaded for a supressor, but I am not familiar with Adco. Are they located in Maryland? I googled but there is more than one company with a similar name.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Not sure if you already sent it in or where you're located in VA. There is a great gunsmith (US Tactical) in Vienna, VA. He threaded mine and moved the sights back for $125. He did an outstanding job.
    Haven't sent it yet, but I'm in a alexandria so I will look into them. Thanks!

Pic?

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Haven't sent it yet, but I'm in a alexandria so I will look into them. Thanks!

Pic?

I'll take a better pic but this is what I had done. Cut barrel down to 16.25, thread barrel and move sight back. Not a 10/22 but a Ruger American rimfire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

IIRC< Duffy's did my 22/45 for a LOT less.

Cut barrel, threaded, moved sight back, and supplied a thread protector.

I think it was about $90.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    IIRC< Duffy's did my 22/45 for a LOT less.

Cut barrel, threaded, moved sight back, and supplied a thread protector.

I think it was about $90.
    Tapping for a front sight screw is probably easier and cheaper than moving the barrel band dove tail. Either way, it is done and I'm really pleased with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom