• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I guess it's been while since I looked. I'm seeing $250 plus triggers for a 10/22.
    My BX was under $50 when I bought it, and now see them at $94 on Brownells or ~ $70 on fleabay

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Primary arms price:
    IMG_3797.png

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Can anyone compare and contrast the characteristics of the BX triggers with offerings from Timney and Volquartsen?

I have a Timney and a Volquartsen in my two 10/22's. I prefer the Volquartsen to the Timney by a hair, though I am not sure it was worth the extra $$$.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    This is mine, with the BX in red. Great trigger! Very smooth, and, if you look closely, you can see that it has a short throw:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I've done a few, used to rebuild with VQ parts, which came out well. The BX is mediocre, it is lighter, but a little gritty, I stoned/polished mine and they end up very good for the cost. For a drop-in, Kidd, flat out, at $285 it is less expensive, and as good or better than VQ or Timney CE at this point. I did demo Kidd;s 2 stage, and it is absuredly good, easily the best target trigger made, but costs a little more than their one stage.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    There will always be and aftermarket for any firearms component. Skilled gunsmiths can almost always improve on the mass production process of the modern era.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    I think it depends on the goal. I put tech sights and a BX trigger on a plain jane 10/22 and that's all I wanted. Now if I was going to trick one out and swap a bunch of parts like the barrel and stock, I would be more inclined to spend more on a trigger just to try it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom