• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Which one the Timney or the Volquartsen

I like the mag release on the Timney but I like the 2lb trigger on the Volquartsen.

Opinions?

LandinD

Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Im running every drop in KIDD part they make for the 10/22 and have nothing but praise for them, prices are great, parts are quality and now with an inexpensive scope I can draw smiley faces on my targets at 100 yards. They are truly worthwhile. The KIDD magazine release has two different arms you can swap between as well if you want the short or long version.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Kidd is definitely worth the money. I have a 2 stage in mine and it is awesome.

ifindppl

Sep 13, 2012
    Montgomery County
    Nothing like putting a $290 trigger in a $254 rifle. :)

That is so funny. I swapped by synthetic stock for a Walnut USA stock and added an 18" fluted barrel. I have so much money in my $250 rifle that I may as well complete the package with an upgrade to the plastic trigger graced on it by Ruger. All I will need for my to complete the re-build of the original rifle will be a bolt and rail. I guess I can sell that and recoup some of my money.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Heck I put a $252 trigger (Jard) in a $167 rifle (Rem 597). Then added a $175 stock, $250 scope, rings, and rail plus a $320 barrel from VQ. Now it shoots one hole groups out to around 100 yards.

I know where you can find a rifle for 425 that will do that out of the box.... just saying

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    They are sold out. Scalpers are getting $600+ for them

They had some as of a week ago....

I wonder if this is another temporary outage or truely the end. For what its worth they are worth every bit of the 600.

Kimber 82G $425 from cmp feed it good ammo and you have a giant killer on the cheap.

50 yards irons sights cheap ammo mild crosswind. Squares are 1X1
    20130505_114154_zpsc8763197.jpg
    [/IMG]
    Had three but sold one. I got it just to chop the barrel and mess with the stock but ended up needing some cash so I passed it onto a fellow mdser
    20121114_221938_zps52cf358c.jpg
    [/IMG]
    All have target sights but I still may scope my second one. Got it for my son may have to rethink tjat idea ;)

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    VQ with a mag release. I will try to dig up my order on Amazon. Works very well.

And NOT for the same cost as your rifle. Much lighter release. The stock 10/22 trigger is horribly heavy. My daughter hates it. :rolleyes:

Udon

Dec 2, 2012
    Columbia
    KIDD Single Stage Trigger is very smooth and you can adjust the trigger weight anytime you want. Not like other brand that just the upgrade parts of the Ruger Trigger.

I like it over the Volquartsen and KIDD is a different design.

KIDD customer service is Awesome. Any questions you ask from Mail or submit from their website, they will get back to you very fast. They are very nice to talk to on the Phone also.

Any upgrade parts for my next Ruger will be all KIDD. Once you use KIDD, you know what I mean.

People are surprise how smooth and light the trigger even after I installed it into this ZK-22 stock using the metal link.
    DSC03273.JPG

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    I've done all three of mine myself. Once you understand the geometry and what's required to get a clean positive engagement trigger break the job is not too difficult. It took about two hours which included drilling / tapping the trigger for a set screw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom