• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    Prior to 2013 I have purchased several handguns in Maryland however I have not obtained my HQL yet.

I saw other members posting about completing a 1911 frame and it has always been something I wanted to do. I also know that a company making 80% frames also now make serialized 100% complete Glock compatible frames.

I know you can buy a AR15 lower and use it to build a handgun or a non banned long gun. A HQL is not required for this even if it will be built into a pistol.

16+ inch barrels and butt stocks are sold for both 1911 frames or Glock compatible frames.

I can buy a AR308 lower and build it into a pistol or rifle without a HQL.

Am I required to have a HQL to purchase a brand new frame for a firearm? Is there any store that knows this to be the law and will sell them? Will purchasing a receiver require a standard ATF background check like an AR308 lower, or would it require a sooper 7 day background check like the AR15 lower?

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    You would need and HQL to buy a 100% pistol frame(such as a Timber Wolf). It would be shipped to an FFL and being it would be considered a firearm(pistol), you would have to wait 7 days, fill out a 77r and 4473 and pass a NICS.

Any AR lower other than an AR15 lower(multi) is cash and carry. Ships to your FFL(if purchased out of state) whereupon you will fill out a 4473, pass a NICS and take the lower home that day. This includes all AR10(.308) as well as dedicated pistol caliber lowers.

IANAL

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    Is there any documentation for the way that you say this is done? I believe that new unbuilt receivers are transferred as “other” and are not yet a long gun or handgun receiver.

What says that certain receivers are for handguns and certain receivers are for rifles but can be utilized in making a pistol?

Would it be possible to transfer a new Glock pattern frame for later use as a carbine without the HQL?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom