• ...and so much more!
  • Gain value? Or, lose value?

• Total voters

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I had my Duty gun Laser inscribed with my name, badge number and service dates. I know it doesn't mean anything now, except to my family, but, in a hundred years, would it gain value? Or lose value. I carried the Gen II for 24 years. I did carry a Gen 1, but it was replaced with the Gen II, after a shooting that I was involved in. The Gen 1 doesn't come back to any specific Ofc., but the Gen II should. MPDC was the first agency, in the U.S.A. to be issued Glocks, if that matters. And the Gen 1 has "MPDC" stamped on the slide.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    With the current trajectory (if not altered), the 2A will be cancelled within 50 years let alone 100 and any formerly legal firearm owner will be considered a felon if still in possession. I have an expected 20+- years remaining on this rock and hope to not be labeled a felon before I am fully dehydrated in a crematorium. Off of my box and to further not answer your question. I cannot see one day into the future so 100 years is out of the question and given my 20+- ETD, it selfishly just does not matter. Sorry for the Glum like response but I'm feeling a bit glum.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    With the current trajectory (if not altered), the 2A will be cancelled within 50 years let alone 100 and any formerly legal firearm owner will be considered a felon if still in possession. I have an expected 20+- years remaining on this rock and hope to not be labeled a felon before I am fully dehydrated in a crematorium. Off of my box and to further not answer your question. I cannot see one day into the future so 100 years is out of the question and given my 20+- ETD, it selfishly just does not matter. Sorry for the Glum like response but I'm feeling a bit glum.
    I think I would've just not wanted YOU to answer at all.... Geeeez :tinfoil:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I kinda feel the same as m. We need to survive(and win) the next year, or there may not be 100 years left.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    :beer:

Edit: I wish I felt otherwise. I shudder to think the complexion of the SCOTUS (and resulting decisions) had Shillary prevailed in '16.
    Thank God she didn't and, I think the good guy's are going to win the next go around. I actually think the "Defund the Police" sentiment-crime statistics, the attack in Israel, and the economy on a whole, has dug the Demonrat's a hole, they may not dig out of. At least, not for the next couple/few elections. It was the same way, after the Carter years. And history has a way of repeating itself.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    If you want it to go up in value, you'll have to work hard to become "infamous".

Actually, looking at all of the research and documentation that goes into war bring backs, I think it might help the value to have the providence established like that. Either way, it is cool.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    No change and nominal value absent a major reshuffling of the 2A. That said, collectors are weird people and if one of them decides they need a Glock from every agency that ever carried them, sure, maybe worth a little more.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    If you want it to go up in value, you'll have to work hard to become "infamous".

Actually, looking at all of the research and documentation that goes into war bring backs, I think it might help the value to have the providence established like that. Either way, it is cool.
    Well, 29.3 years, so far, and no infamy, yet. And, I seriously doubt anything notable will happen, for the next 10 years, while being a courthouse Deputy, so.....
    No change and nominal value absent a major reshuffling of the 2A. That said, collectors are weird people and if one of them decides they need a Glock from every agency that ever carried them, sure, maybe worth a little more.
    Fingers crossed on the 2nd amendment

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Notarize a letter, document, etc. verifying and identifying the markings. Letter/documents to be kept with the pistol. The letter/documents will increase value because of verified province. How much …who knows. A firearm marked as such usually has greater value to someone looking for such a firearm. Pretty narrow market.

Jul 1, 2012
    LE Markings sometimes increase demand , rarely subtract .
    This... Colt 1903/1908 hammerless with police markings (roughly 100 years old) usually sell for 2-3 times an equivalent condition "standard" example. Seen some Savage 1907's with police markings (pretty uncommon) go for more than their "slick" counterparts. Guns that have "stuff" to go with it, like a matching-numbered badge, provenance, etc sell for more. The info engraved on the slide is a toss-up, my guess is it would probably add more if there were associated items with it (uniform, badge, handcuffs, stuff like that) and some history.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Will a Glock (other than a 7, which I can't afford) still be whole and functional in 100 years? When I think of plastic polymer and longevity, this always comes to mind:

I know polymer is getting better all the time...but I have experienced old plastic...:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom