• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    The-Armory has it for the same price too. Shipping will probably come out cheaper since it's only in VA Beach. I got my case shipped for $13.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    A good deal, thanks. Clean with a 1:10 Ballsitol to water mix just to be sure and you are good to go.

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    Clean with a 1:10 Ballsitol to water mix just to be sure and you are good to go.

True, and some people as still making a federal case of having only chrome lined barrel- thinking that such barrel is impervious to corrosion.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Search youtube for the video of the guy that ran 2,000 rounds of corrosive thru his SKS and parked it for 4 weeks (on purpose) without cleaning it ... then you will see how serious this issue is

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    FIFY.

Wolf isn't corrosive, nor are any of the other Russian commercial versions (brown/silver bear, golden tiger, etc.)

I didnt say it was corrosive, I said treat it as it is. There have been far to many reports of mixed up batches of russian ammo with corrosive primers, and even at its best it is still mildly corrosive even in commercial form. 9 out of 10 times you will get away with it.....................but its that one time you didnt clean that you will end up with a rusty gas tube and piston.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom