• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zeddm91/30

Oct 11, 2009
    Reliance MD
    So my girl friend and I have been disgusting the possibility of putting up a 1000 yard range. Just trying to find out if its worth it and if people would come. Enough land is not a prob. It would be in rhodesdale md. Just want to see how many people would be interested.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    There are a number of hard core long range shooters among the members here. If you also had 400, 600 and 800 yard target holders I bet you would get far more people on top of the 1,000 yard shooters. How many lanes? Membership or just friends?

zeddm91/30

Oct 11, 2009
    Reliance MD
    It's going to be open to everyone. We may even start off out to 400 the move back from there. Not sure how many lanes. It will def be a while getting it all set up and funding it. The land is already owned. It's 620 acres.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    One thing, consider a limited membership. Google maps says I am 2 1/2 hours from Rhodesdale. I wouldn't mind joining your range, but let me pay a reduced fee for a reduced number of range visits.

If it would be pay per visit, forget what i just wrote.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    I wouldn't go regularly, but I'd def drop by every now and again when I have both the time and the ammo to make it worthwhile.

It's a little far for me.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Very cool. I shoot on the eastern shore and the farthest I can shoot is 400 yards but I have a few rifles that I'd like to stretch out to five or six.

jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    As others have said, it's a far drive for me but I would probably make a couple of trips per year especially if there were 1000yd competitions

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    One thing, consider a limited membership. Google maps says I am 2 1/2 hours from Rhodesdale. I wouldn't mind joining your range, but let me pay a reduced fee for a reduced number of range visits.

If it would be pay per visit, forget what i just wrote.

We used to fly rockets in Rhodesdale. I would go down to shoot a few times a year.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    The hardest thing may be the zoning. I don't know if that kind of use would be allowed under farm zoning in your county, but a lot of hunting stuff is allowed under farm zoning in most of the rural counties.

I'd be looking up the definitions and allowed uses at the court house before taking any other action.

I hope this thing flies:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom