• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87Theworld

Nov 2, 2011
    Howard County
    I have been looking to shoot a 10mm handgun does anyone know a range that has any. I'm interested in trying full powered 10mm rounds. I want to buy a handgun in this caliber but want to find out if I even like the round before I buy. I own a 650 for reloading so I will make my own ammo if I get into 10mm.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I have a Glock 20 if you wanna get a box of your choice. Can meet one day at Free State and you can make some noise. Mine has had some modifications though. 3.5 Lb connector, extended mag and slide release and a brass magazine guide for added weight and balance.

2092_1071655800459_824_n.jpg

I usually practice with Georgia Arms 180 FMJ @ 1100fps and hunt with DoubleTap 180gr Bonded Defense @ 1300fps. There's another full power ammo supplier out there that has some really good sounding stats from a 200gr HP round that I want to try....if I can only remember who it is.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I think it is the Underwood ammo 180gr XTPs at 1300fps. Although DoubleTap has some 200gr Wide Flat Nose Gas Check Hardcast @ 1300fps that look like they could drop a deer quite nicely. (Out of my Wolf 6" legal barrel)

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Underwood Ammo. Best stuff out there and very affordable IMO

www.underwoodammo.com

I have 2 10mm Glocks G20SF and G29SF and several Colt Delta Elites. You buy the ammo, I'd be happy to drive up to Freestate for you to shoot. . I also have 4 10mm 3rd generation Smiths. 1006, 1066, 1026.1076. They are sometimes hard to find if you wanted to buy one.

For range I too use 180g FMJ from Georgia Arms in the Deltas and some hotter Underwood 1300 FPS 180g TMJ ammo for the Glocks and Smiths

The 10mm is a very underrated cartridge IMO. Great ballistics and can be loaded from 40 S&W to above Norma loadings for full power.

PM me if interested.

87Theworld

Nov 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Thanks for the offers I have never been to freestate I normally shoot at AGC or ontarget some where near Columbia. I might just have to make that drive if no one close by has any to test out. I have no problem supplying ammo 2A had some for sale last time I was there so I'm check with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom