14" w/ pinned battle comp vs 16" shimmed BC?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BunkerKing

5.56 ammo horder. . .
    Jun 5, 2012
    Land of the O's
    im really into compact rifles but dont want to bother with all the NFA nonsense. is there any down fall to a 14"pinned other than once its pinned its staying on? and whats a ball park price to have this done?:sad20:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I don't see the point, I'm just fine with 16" and the ability to swap out rails or FH w/out having to send it off to a 'smith to get it done.

If your deadset on having a 14.5", just make sure it's already got whatever your going to want already on it. Unless you like giving 'smith's something to work, then by all means go for it.

Clandestine or smores could give you an idea of the cost for pinning/welding.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Mine's a 14.5 with a pinned phantom and I like it. If nothing else it looks more correct to an M4 carbine. 16" barrels with carbine gas systems just look "off" to me. Now if you go mid-length gas system, then 16" looks fine.

As for rails, you only need to worry about them if you plan to go with a free-float. Drop ins will change with no problem. My drop in RAS is rock solid.

BunkerKing

5.56 ammo horder. . .
    Jun 5, 2012
    Land of the O's
    im using a 14.5" Spikes CHF Mid lenth gas system with a standard style FSB. and magpul MOE mid-lenth handguard. im not going to get into freefloats an rail systems until build #2 lol.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I have a 14" pinned with a YHM QD suppressor mount. Looks great. overall length 16.1"
    60f492c7-cac0-3f0d.jpg

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    The bayonet sits properly on the rear of the flash hider with the 14.5" carbine barrel. The bayo ring slops around on the actual barrel of a 16".

If that matters to you.

14.5 w bayo.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom