• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornbakerfella

Oct 6, 2016
    God's Country
    Overall I think there's a lot more to the story than is being reported. I'd be interested to see what comes of the investigation. I'd like to see the missing dots to connect.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    If anyone here has the paid version of Broadcastify (I don't) you can listen to the archived radio transmission.
    I'm not a public safety official but I am a bit of a Scanner junkie and my experience is that the EMT transmissions to the Medevac helicopter are very, very detailed.

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    I pulled the sd card out of the scanner to see what I have. I don't usually keep recordings unless something worth keeping happened. I guess this counts. This is the condensed event from the time the call is dispatched to the units start clearing. All the dead air and noise is cut out. While there is nothing overtly graphic, I'd say if you don't want the details, don't listen.

That being said, I uploaded the audio to the 'other' folder on the same site I put the HPRB audio on. It's roughly 16min long.

http://50.97.94.44:2199/start/mgrutzma/

Mark

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I pulled the sd card out of the scanner to see what I have. I don't usually keep recordings unless something worth keeping happened. I guess this counts. This is the condensed event from the time the call is dispatched to the units start clearing. All the dead air and noise is cut out. While there is nothing overtly graphic, I'd say if you don't want the details, don't listen.

That being said, I uploaded the audio to the 'other' folder on the same site I put the HPRB audio on. It's roughly 16min long.

Mark

Thank you for uploading that. No mention of a second GSW. The GSW was self inflicted to the back of the head, through and through.

cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    Kid had supposedly been robbing homes in the area, and the gun used was reported stolen from one of them.

MOSTLY BASELESS THEORY TO FOLLOW...

I'm a little concerned that the "other family member in the home" (we'll call them 'Dad', for short) heard the ruckus, came in and wrested the gun from the kid. Then, in a fit of rage shot at least once.

Now that the kid has died, how much will 'Dad' have to answer for in this scenario?!

Not at all. Just because you disarm an intruder in your home does not stop the threat of danger or your own loss of life in the process. You kill the intruder and assume he did come there alone. Just because you get the gun away doesn't mean the scenario for death or serious personal injury is off the table. Suppose the bad guy has another weapon, or gets the gun back from you? The intruder here already showed his homicidal actions and more could be coming, you're in fear for your life, so you use lethal force and rightly so.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Technically, and legally, yes... I agree.

I worry more about the media frenzy, especially if the kid happened to be 'down' at the time.

Again, we're just spitballing based on limited information, but it's happened before.

cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    True, you are 100% right. The media will turn everything they can into an issue, especially when it does not exists. The media will stir it's pot for ratings and a holier than thou approach but usually the voices that go unheard, ours and most of America, know the difference.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    This just sickens me in so many ways. I live just about a mile from this and I have blown off the few events of neighborhood crime. I have only lived in my home for about three years but have had One event happen to me and two more to neighbors. One where a guy walked into my back yard while I was working in my basement and he started looking through my windows and I scared him off. Another where my neighbor scared off a kid looking into car windows at night and a third where another neighbor had someone climb into their window and run out when they came home.

I blew these off as simple quick opportunistic crimes and never thought that the kids would be armed. If someone walks into my yard and snoops in my windows again, I'm going to think twice about yelling at them without a gun in my hand.

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    The report of multiple GSW was overheard on a radio transmission between the Medevac Trooper and Shock Trauma and it was one to the head and one to the chest.

I am surprised that medic on the transport unit didn't advise the same to trooper 1 when they provided patient info while enroute to the last.

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    I agree with others there is more than a 'burglary gone bad' here. Caught in the young girl's bedroom? What's to be stolen in a young girls' bedroom? Well, perhaps $20 in a drawer? Burglary with a mask and armed?? The mask can be explained by the fact that the victims (probably the girl) knew the boy, so the boy was probably hedging his chances in case he was seen. But armed? That's just nuts for a simple burglary when people aren't at home.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Mark

Thanks Mark.

I was struck by the professionalism of the firefighters and EMS who responded. Under 45 mins from when they were first dispatched on the call to Trooper1 in the air headed to Shock Trauma.

Hats off to these men and women.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I think folks need to stop taking things a medic said in the middle of a transport for the gospel.

The kid probably did have a hole in the back of the head, and a matching one in his mouth or under his chin.
    Could've also looked away, stuck it behind his ear and pressed the trigger. Suicide with a gun doesn't always mean shoving the barrel in your mouth or sticking it under your chin.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Another article with pictures. Why does the daily mail have better coverage than the local papers?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...6-year-old-classmate.html?ito=social-facebook

You read these things, note the age, etc, but when you see the pictures of the two, it really hits home how young both were.

Then there was this passaged from the linked article ...

Anna Mae and her husband Frank who have known Crizer's family for 30 years said that he was an altar boy at their church.

Mrs Mae told WUSA9: 'I'm devastated I just start to cry and think of him since he was a little boy,' she cried.

'He used to shovel my snow and the little girl who was killed used to sell us Girl Scout cookies.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom