19 April "Serious, No-shit freedom work;" Liberals may attempt to incite violence

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oather

Oct 19, 2009
    http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2010/04/19-april-serious-no-shit-freedom-work.html

Folks,

I received this email today:

-----Original Message-----
    To: GeorgeMason1776@aol.com
    Sent: Tue, Apr 6, 2010 4:32 pm
    Subject: April 19th

Dear Mike,

I have heard a bit about April 19th but we weren't sure what was going on until recently. I have a little girl & I occasionally babysit other kids for a living and so I just found out we are not going to be busy that day! I hate the thought of driving down there with a 2 year old, but am going to look at train schedules hopefully tonight. I am in Northern NJ so I am certain I can get on a train late the night before or early in the morning. What time do you think most people are going to be getting there? Is there a website dedicated to this (Evelyn, my little girl, has stopped taking naps so I have 2 minutes to get online most days and haven't even had the chance to check it out!!). Sorry to be ignorant of important things such as this-it's just that our schedules are crazy with the economy so bad my husband and I both have to pick up side jobs to keep our heads above water! Anyway, any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Carla

This is what I wrote Carla back:

Carla,

I must tell you there is an element of danger here. Were it my daughter-in-law, I would counsel her to stay home with the baby. The anarchists have threatened to disrupt us, and the government has a large stake in provoking violence. Please, I ask you to reconsider. Stay home, watch and wait. Your support gladdens my heart, but I believe we will have enough. Raise Evelyn in liberty and teach her what she will need to know to preserve it. We all have our own times when we are called upon -- when we are compelled -- to go toward the fight. This time is not yours, and certainly not Evelyn's. Our future is embodied by all of our Evelyns. Keep her safe.

Sincerely,

Mike Vanderboegh
    III

19 April on the Potomac will be serious, no-shit freedom work. We do not know how many folks will show, but the sense I am getting from across the country is that it will be in the thousands. The collectivist enemies of the Republic are already crapping their pants over an "armed march." The volume of their denunciations is directly proportional to the depth of their fears. Skilled propagandists like Rachel Madcow are already drawing conflationist allegations of straight-line ties between us and neoNazi terrorists like Tim McVeigh. These of course are outright lies, but that is the medium in which collectivist propagandists work. Thus do "Polish soldiers" attack German radio stations.

According to reports I'm getting, various collectivist groups are promising to disrupt our rallies by tossing fireworks in a ridiculous attempt to prompt us to "shoot one another." It will not work, even if they get through a cordon of well-briefed police to do so.

I will tell you this, and I know it because I have been on the fringes of the real-world discussions between the march organizers, their volunteers and the authorities -- this will be one heck of a well-organized demonstration, with all contingencies thought out, all site surveys completed prior and especially, a competent, disciplined and wide-awake bunch of marshals ready to respond to any provocation, any contrived crisis. Coordination with federal park and local police is solid and there will be media, including foreign outlets from Britain's ITN to Swiss television, embedded with us.

Truly, the whole world will be watching.

We also will have camera crews of our own. We need more volunteers for that and other tasks.

The enemies of the Founders' Republic believe that we will have come to threaten them. I suppose in a way that is true, if you are talking about trying to dissuade them from future tyrannical conduct. They also believe that we are a bunch of racist in-breds who cannot control ourselves. That is false, as we will show them.

This will be an unprecedented show of political dissent. Never before have people demonstrated their opposition to tyranny with pistols on their hips and rifles slung across their backs, in disciplined fashion, without evil intent in their hearts. Our discipline will scare them as much as anything.

When it is done, when we have come. made our point, and left, the message will be indelible -- tyranny stops here, or else.

Join us in making that point. It may be our last chance to convince them without violence that we are done backing up.

Note to Mods: I know there are already several threads on this topic, however I felt it imperative to post a new one due to the anouncment that Leftists groups are threatening to use fireworks in order to compel open- carriers in VA to "shoot each other." If you feel it was unecessary to start a new thread, feel free to move it to a more appropriate one. I won't make a fuss about it.

oather

Oct 19, 2009
    Gotcha. What are the rules on OC-ing a Mosin? :innocent0

Open carrying is illegal where the Second Ammendment Rally is taking place in DC, on the National Mall. So it will be a no-gun protest.

However, the Restore the Constitution Rally is the Open Carry rally and is being done across the Potomic in VA.

To answer your question specifically regarding a Mosin it must be unloaded, slung on your back, no ammo touching the rifle and any ammo/bandoliers must be worn on your front.

More details are here: http://muster4-19.ning.com/events/restore-the-constitution-rally

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Open carrying is illegal where the Second Ammendment Rally is taking place in DC, on the National Mall. So it will be a no-gun protest.

However, the Restore the Constitution Rally is the Open Carry rally and is being done across the Potomic in VA.

To answer your question specifically regarding a Mosin it must be unloaded, slung on your back, no ammo touching the rifle and any ammo/bandoliers must be worn on your front.

More details are here: http://muster4-19.ning.com/events/restore-the-constitution-rally

Rifles can't be loaded? I didn't think VA discriminated between handgun and rifle as regards OC.

oather

Oct 19, 2009
    Rifles can't be loaded? I didn't think VA discriminated between handgun and rifle as regards OC.

I think it depends on the rifle. For the purposes rally, organizers want all rifles unloaded, with no magazines in them.

They have no such requests for pistols.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2010/04/19-april-serious-no-shit-freedom-work.html

Note to Mods: I know there are already several threads on this topic, however I felt it imperative to post a new one due to the anouncment that Leftists groups are threatening to use fireworks in order to compel open- carriers in VA to "shoot each other." If you feel it was unecessary to start a new thread, feel free to move it to a more appropriate one. I won't make a fuss about it.

Sorry, but I'm calling B***sh**. This sounds like tin foil asshatery to me.

How smart would it be to light off fireworks at something like this? That sounds like a grade A method of getting your ass kicked.

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind

How smart would it be to light off fireworks at something like this? That sounds like a grade A method of getting your ass kicked.

I have to agree. The ones setting off the fireworks would just as likely be hit by the bullets should shooting start. Then again some of those gun grabbing morons aren't too bright.

hughmon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2008

While an ass kicking would be richly deserved and warranted, if such were to happen I would think it would play right into their hands for PR value.

Hell, they may even simply make it up. Just look at the provocative actions of bat-shit crazy lady pelosi strolling around with joke gave with the black caucus into the Tea Party demonstration in the wake of the owe-bamacare passage, and the PR they got on the false claims of racist comments.

ForwardAssist

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    May 17, 2009
    I'd worry more about the government trying something that some arsehole citizens with firecrackers.

oather

Oct 19, 2009
    I'd worry more about the government trying something that some arsehole citizens with firecrackers.

You mean like a provocateur? They may think about it, however they would be well to remember the fall-out of the shooting at Kent State. It gave the anti-war movement a massive boost credibility and gave the hippie clan the moral high ground for the next 20 years...

ForwardAssist

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    May 17, 2009
    You mean like a provocateur? They may think about it, however they would be well to remember the fall-out of the shooting at Kent State. It gave the anti-war movement a massive boost credibility and gave the hippie clan the moral high ground for the next 20 years...

Yes, that's what I mean. But I'm talking about a concealed shot from the Grassy Knoll that would be blamed on participants in order to elicit a public outcry.

On the 19th any and all counter protestors should be completely ignored as if they didn't exist. We need to have absolutely no interaction with them under any circumstances. Our actions must in no way be able to be misconstrued as "spitting" on anyone by the national media.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I think I agree with them.

There's now an organized liberal movement called "crash the tea party" where liberals join tea party groups and make racial and other offensive statements to make the tea party look like radical hicks.

I wouldn't put it past a few hyper liberals to cause violence at the rally.

At the same time, I wouldn't put it past a few hyper conservatives to go ahead and OC in DC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom