• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • patriot001

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 2, 2013
    With the Owe Mao li gun ban rapidly approaching extra long waits, and my bank account on a diet, it may come down to either, or . I've always wanted a. 1911 for collection purposes, not a big fan of .45Acp but I also have a gun that somewhat resembles the G23, just would like to know yalls opinion on which is better?

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I carry a 1911 daily. A Colt Combat Commander. It's well worn, reliable and always works. I could probably fill it up with gunpowder and rocks and it would still shoot.

My vote is for 1911.

Coretac

Do NOT care what u think
    May 30, 2013
    you will have to chose you want a big boy gun or a toy gun , I would chose the 1911 . lol

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    The 1911. That was going to be my first purchase but with the crazy talk after Conn. I decided to get a Glock 17 first. I will get a 1911 before Oct gets here. I will not get a HQL until I cant stand waiting any longer to add to my collection.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    IMO, given the choice between specifically a G23 and a 1911, I'd go with the 1911. (I like .45 ACP better.) Given the choice between a 1911 and any Glock, I would have to think about it a little more. (Depending on what the intended purpose is.)

Daiuy

May 31, 2013
    If you absolutely positively need to make someone sit down, go with the 45.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    What do you want to use the gun for? Different tools for different purposes.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    As others have noted, for what purpose? If it's just to have another collector, get the 1911. If standard cap mags are a concern, get the Glock while it can still be had with standard mags. The two weapons are very different.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    The only thing Owe'Malley has to do with this is magazine capacity. After Oct 1, it'll be harder (but not impossible) to get the standard magazines with your Glock 23. There will be no change for the 1911...

Jamie

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom