• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdonzi

mdonzi
    Feb 26, 2010
    pasadena
    just pic this up and dont know much abought lugers at all hope i can get some info on here i looks like it has been reblued because some markings are light ser # ends in 48 and most all off it matches barrel has 1937 on it and on buttom off barrel 382 and 4376 sould ser# on barrel match gun ser# wood grips say made in italy on inside are they repo ? clip has no ser # think it is repo shoots great look like org holster to what is good price might like to work a trade for wwII 45

Attachments

• lugger ship wheel 011.jpg
      lugger ship wheel 011.jpg
      100.1 KB · Views: 243
    • lugger ship wheel 013.jpg
      lugger ship wheel 013.jpg
      77.7 KB · Views: 233
    • lugger ship wheel 017.jpg
      lugger ship wheel 017.jpg
      81.1 KB · Views: 240
    • lugger ship wheel 020.jpg
      lugger ship wheel 020.jpg
      65.5 KB · Views: 244
    Last edited:

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Very nice. I've always wanted a Luger, but from what I've read, you really need to know your stuff before sticking a toe into those waters; or you'll get soaked.(heh heh, pun) . What did you get it for, if you don't mind my asking?

screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    Very nice. I've always wanted a Luger, but from what I've read, you really need to know your stuff before sticking a toe into those waters; or you'll get soaked.(heh heh, pun) . What did you get it for, if you don't mind my asking?

yes the barrel serial # should match the rest, sounds from your description a put together shooter. Can't tell from the pics but it looks possibly reblued .If the grips are repo as you say and it's reblued and the #'s don't match it's probably only gonna get you $500 to $800 tops,USD. If you could post some pics of the wafenampts and #'s I could tell you if it's been reblued,hope this helps.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    yes the barrel serial # should match the rest, sounds from your description a put together shooter. Can't tell from the pics but it looks possibly reblued .If the grips are repo as you say and it's reblued and the #'s don't match it's probably only gonna get you $500 to $800 tops,USD. If you could post some pics of the wafenampts and #'s I could tell you if it's been reblued,hope this helps.

Thats probably a little low given current market, as there are a lot of mismatched lugers that were reworked during the war. This one is a tough one though. Usually the reworks have all blued parts, yet this one still has strawing.

If you wanted an offhand value in todays market I would say $800 to $1000. Russian Captures, and reworks are seeling pretty reliably for the high $800s. The holster is a little rough but still a nice piece.

If you would decided to let it go for $500 let me know, as im in pending inspection.

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    Based on the markings, your P.08 Luger (or in this case, substantial parts) was manufactured at the Mauser factory in 1937. S/42 is the code for Mauser. The gun looks beautiful and it's nice to see that you have what appears to be an original holster.

mdonzi

mdonzi
    Feb 26, 2010
    pasadena
    thanks guys i kew i could get some good info on here the wafenapts on the right side off gun are very light so i thing it was reblued i fig the barrel # sould match but i dont think barrel has been reblued it has two wafenampts on it to and did not see any manufacturers marks on holster im i picked it up for 350.00 so im in it good and i did put 2 clips thur her and she shoots good no jams will try get betting pic off markings thanks

screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    thanks guys i kew i could get some good info on here the wafenapts on the right side off gun are very light so i thing it was reblued i fig the barrel # sould match but i dont think barrel has been reblued it has two wafenampts on it to and did not see any manufacturers marks on holster im i picked it up for 350.00 so im in it good and i did put 2 clips thur her and she shoots good no jams will try get betting pic off markings thanks

just because they wafenampts are light does not mean it's been reblued. Some were just lightly struck. Reblued guns lack detail in the wafenampts . from the blueing filling in the marks. post some closeups and can let you know if it's reblued.Also looks like the trigger plate isn't numbered ? Is that right? It's the flat plate above the take down lever on the left side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom