• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redbean

Redbean
    Jan 14, 2017
    Beltsville, Maryland
    I scored 2 mid-1980s SA 1911-A1 9mm pistols from Century Arms. They should arrive next week. I called SA for info. on the serial numbers and they told me the dates that they left the factory. I cannot find any other information. Anyone else have one? Can ya help a brother out?

1. July 1986:

1654976259921.jpeg

1654976288050.jpeg

Jan 1987:

1654976341826.jpeg

1654976375216.jpeg

Thanks, Redbean

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Nice…excellent…pick ups! Good guns there. The small parts in those guns are not MIM…they are forged/milled parts. In that era SA used many surplus Colt parts. The third looks like it has had the slide milled and Kimber sights installed.

I have that era Mil-Spec in 45. Not stock, it was my first full house build way back.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    OP how do you go about finding guns like these listed on the Century site? Had I known I'd have bought one of these for sure. Dad has this era SA in 45, evidently you could buy them from SA disassembled in a bag back then and assemble yourself for a little less money.

Redbean

Redbean
    Jan 14, 2017
    Beltsville, Maryland
    Century lists these in the Surplus section, and, depending what they are, they sell out in minutes. Dealers have access to these and snag them all up. I called Century and got lucky. I did hear about "kit" guns that you could put together back in the day. I never saw any pistol marked 1911-A1 in 9mm, so I had to have one. I called Springfield Armory, but they only had the dates and no other info. I think these are police trade-ins, but I don't know from where? I have seen some stuff coming in from Puerto Rico lately. Century had some nice FN Browning Hi-Power MK11, 9mm pistols that sold in minutes. I was pissed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom