• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Anyone else get one of these? I hand picked for bore and stock for an xtra $20.($10/each).

1944 Izzy M44, all numbers match, stock is fairly nice but there are a couple of gouges and dents, much like one of the good $99 Grade B stocks on the 91/30s they were selling. Rifling is strong, bore is nice. IO import marked under the barrel near the muzzle but the cleaning rod hides it. MOLOT engravings in the usual places.

What bothers me a bit, and maybe it doesnt matter, but the Izzy crest, the factory stamp and serial # are very strong, but the DATE is very weak and it appears as if the tops and bottoms of the numbers on the date and the "Г" are significantly lighter as if they buffed everything off except the date and then re-stamped it. If you look at the last number in the serial, there appears to be a "0" or some number just above it that was removed. IT looks a lot like my ex sniper where the scope numbers were scrubbed from the barrel of the gun but you can make out the last to very faintly. Almost makes me feel like it was "Mitchell-ed"

Anyone else bite on these? After hand pick for bore and stock it was the same price as hand pick from J&G when they were at $179 so I picked one from classic since theyve always sent me good stuff. Maybe I expected too much?

Attachments

• ClassicM44.jpg
      ClassicM44.jpg
      75.3 KB · Views: 185
    • ClassicM44rcvr.jpg
      ClassicM44rcvr.jpg
      38.7 KB · Views: 190
    • classicM44rub.jpg
      classicM44rub.jpg
      42.9 KB · Views: 187

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Looking at it again in better light WITH my glasses, its more likely a stamp, not a scrubbed number. Im a keepin it. If it shoots half as good as my T-53 I'll be a happy boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom