• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    as I understand the law, magazines in MD are limited to 20 rounds or less assuming no special county or city ordnance stating otherwise. thus, http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=85490325 would be legal to receive in MD (20 round AK mag)

Correct me if I'm wrong

- D4.3vil
    Mostly correct. I know of no local law that further limits magazine capacity. NOt saying they don't exist in MD, but I'm pretty sure we would have heard of it by now if they did. In any case state preemption dissallows them from doing so.

4-209. Regulation of weapons and ammunition.
    (a) State preemption. Except as otherwise
    provided in this section, the State preempts the
    right of a county, municipal corporation, or special
    taxing district to regulate the purchase, sale,
    taxation, transfer, manufacture, repair, ownership,
    possession, and transportation of:
    (1) A handgun, rifle, or shotgun; and
    (2) Ammunition for and components of a
    handgun, rifle, or shotgun.

(b) Exceptions.
    http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/statelaws/26thedition/maryland.pdf

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    20+ round mags are not legal to buy or sell in MD, but are perfectly legal to simply own or possess, hence a trip to The Harrisburg gun show on December 8-9, or a trip to Laymans. There may me more, or closer PA or VA shops that have 30rd mags in stock. They run about $15ea for brand new very nice mags at the show, or $20 for decent surplus mags from Laymans.

Mags 20rds and under are perfectly legal to buy, sell and so on, but few online retailers I have run into group MD in with the 10rd states, and won't sell otherwise perfectly legal mags to MD residents.

also steer clear of some of the "chopped" mags, I had found some realy nice looking Yugo mags at a gun show a year or so ago for $10, bought one but it only held 17rds, and you had to fight to get the last few rounds in, pulled the floorplate, and saw it was basically a cut down 30rd mag (wasn't even cut straight), with the base flared to hold the plate, but the spring was not shortened, mag went in the trash, but I kept the spring and follower as a spare

4-305. Detachable magazines - prohibited.
    (a) Scope of section. This section does not
    apply to a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine.
    (b) Prohibited. A person may not manufacture,
    sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or
    transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity
    of more than 20 rounds of ammunition for
    a firearm.
    4-306. Penalties.
    (a) In general. A person who violates this
    subtitle is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction
    is subject to imprisonment not exceeding
    3 years or a fine not exceeding $5,000 or both.
    Layman's gun shop

72 W Maple St
    Wrightsville, PA 17368
    (717) 252-4573

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    The 30 rd Bulgarian waffle mags are nice - they are plastic with metal floor plate - usually run about $25-$30 at gunshows. They will be marked with a Circle 10. I have a few of them. I have two of the US Promag waffle mags and they work fine in my AK's. I have never had an issue with them. They look almost identical to the Bulgarian ones. Some people dislike the Promags because they have plastic floor plate or they say they are not as durable. They cost a bit less.

Like stated earlier head up to the Harrisburg gunshow in a few weeks and get as many as you want. There will be all types of AK mags for sale.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    I got 19 Hungarian 20 Rounders from What a Country when they had 'em for $9 a piece. They run GREAT. Just make sure you get the REAL Hungarian mags and not the ones with the funky feed lips. The real Hungarians should look like a regular ribbed 30 rounder, just shorter.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I'm running all Bulgarian waffle mags (about $25 each for 20-rds). Have never had an issue. They're a little more expensive than the Hungarian ones, but they're made of translucent plastic so you can see how many rounds you have left (like AUG, G36, SIG 550/551 mags).

Highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom