• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    The Summer Blast just finished up yesterday. 350 competitors firing over 250 rounds each to complete the 10 courses of fire in a half-day format not counting the pistol and shotgun side matches. The Blast has become one of the best and most popular matches around. Challenging, yet fun, stages that draws competitors from around the country. If you've never attended, you should make an effort to see/shoot next year's match. Although I shot terrible I still had a great time. There are some pictures posted at http://www.yorkpistol.blogspot.com and there will probably be other pics posted later. And here's the link to video of me shooting the match.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v805TgRFS18

Last edited:

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    Paul,

It was a great match. where did you end up? I messed up a couple stages pretty bad, so that sucked, but shot the classifier very well.

I finished 48th overall. I screwed my reload on one string on the classifier. I had 2 mikes on one stage and at least 1 D hit on every stage. Make-up shots on steel cost me and I lost my dot a few times. Just too slow and too sloppy. I guess I should actually practice. But I can't complain. I won a Springfield XD in .40 in the staff raffle.

tomgallup

Jul 9, 2008
    Bel Air, MD
    I finished 38th overall, and it looks like with the classifier i may just bump to A finally. That is a good thing, but now i really need to start pushing the practice. Nice video, i haven't uploaded any of mine yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom