• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 19, 2012
    In my research on HB107 the more troubling issue is there is no grandfather clause that I've been able to find. Has anyone heard if this has been amended (yet)? If not, the way I'm currently reading the bill (if it passes) as of Oct 1, 2013 anyone possessing a 10rd MAG will be in violation of the law.

Mr H

Banana'd
    In my research on HB107 the more troubling issue is there is no grandfather clause that I've been able to find. Has anyone heard if this has been amended (yet)? If not, the way I'm currently reading the bill (if it passes) as of Oct 1, 2013 anyone possessing a 10rd MAG will be in violation of the law.

I saw nothing in there that does anything in that regard. Ostensibly, all it does is replace "20" (in current statute) with "10" in this bill.

Dec 19, 2012
    So is there another statute that would apply a grandfather clause to this 10rd "revision"? Or are you saying it would NOT grandfather >10rd mags?

bobnieder

S&W Fan
    May 1, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I emailed the House, the Judiciary committee, and threw the Senate in for good measure, making sure I referenced this type of bill and why I opposed it -- to cover any future similar legislation.

I didn't hit O'Malley and his branch this time -- waste of time.

Dec 31, 2012
    There is no statement banning possession, so if you already have it you can keep it.
    New law same as the old law except it is back to 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom