• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    On May 3rd Sanner's Lake Sportsman's Club in Lexington Park MD is hosting the MD State IDPA Match. Registration info is provided in the attached form.

Prizes are still in work but based on what we have received so far there will be some really great stuff including a few guns.

We are limiting the attendance of the match to 100 shooters plus Staff. This match will sell out very quickly, if you want to participate please get your applications in ASAP.

A couple of clarifications

- You can send in your form with no classification selected. After you shoot the classifier send me an email and I will update your information for you.

- Novice shooters are welcome to compete in the match, however they will be placed in the Marksman Division

- You must have shot a classifier in the division you are competing in, in the last year. This requirement does not apply to Master class shooters.

- Your IDPA membership must be paid up on 5/3 or you can not participate in the match

Let me know if you have any questions.

sdboas

Jan 20, 2012
    Here is the registration form!

Attachments

• 2014_Maryland_IDPA_Championship.pdf
      210.5 KB · Views: 255

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    The match has been approved by IDPA and is up on idpa.com, please get your applications in ASAP if you would like to compete.

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    UPDATES:

The Match will be catered by Hardesty Haven Catering. Lunch is provided with your Match Fee, and breakfast is available for purchase.

Here is a list of our sponsors so far:

Platinum
    NEVCO Targets
    Springfield Armory

Gold
    Militec
    Montana Gold
    Wolff Gun Springs

Silver
    Cromwell's Firearms
    Fletcher
    Safariland
    Starline Brass

Bronze
    5.11 Tactical
    Atlanta Arms & Ammo
    Bayou Bullets
    Brian Enos
    Cody Range Bags
    Dewey Rods
    Dicks Sporting Goods
    D-Lead
    Eunique-Tech
    Freedom Munitions
    Gould&Goodrich
    Graf's
    Henry Rifles
    Lauer Weaponry
    Lee Precision
    M-Pro7
    Redding Reloading
    Ross Leather
    Sierra Bullets
    Storm Lake Barrels
    Tripp Research
    Wilson Combat
    Xtreme Bullets
    Zero Bullets

I'm very proud of the work our sponsorship team has done and it appears we will hand about $10K in randomly awarded prizes. Please keep these sponsors in mind when you make your next purchase, without their help matches like this would not be possible.

Registration is still open, please let me know if you have any questions.

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    Any Jr's age 12-17 who register for the match will receive 50% off their registration.

MD Gun Laws: I am not a lawyer and if you have any doubt or questions you should contact one. Here is my personal summary:

There is no law against you bringing a legally obtained unloaded firearm into MD for use in competition. You may not sell, transfer, manufacture or receive a magazine greater than 10rnds in the state of MD, however there is no law against possession and use in competition.

Please see the following links for your own information

http://www.lawlib.state.md.us/

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-laws/maryland.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Maryland

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    Stages are attached and subject to change.

Attachments

• MD State IDPA Match 2014_v8.pdf
      249.2 KB · Views: 271

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    Currently we have 112 shooters registered. Registration is still open at least for another day or two, however I can not guarantee that you will receive a T-shirt.

CDP 23
    MA 1
    EX 3
    SS 7
    MM 12

ESP 29
    MA 2
    EX 3
    SS 11
    MM 13

SSP 54
    MA 5
    EX 9
    SS 16
    MM 24

ESR 2
    SS 1
    MM 1

SSR 4
    EX 1
    SS 3

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    Thanks I appreciate the feedback. The support I got from the great folks who volunteered as Staff and ROs was absolutely amazing. Sponsor feedback was great and allowed us to give away over $13K in prizes, please support our sponsors when you make your next purchase. I hope to see you all next year.

Attached are the results. They are also posted on IDPA.com

Attachments

• 2014-05-03.pdf
      69.6 KB · Views: 121

spartan2250

Big Boss Mann
    The 2014 Maryland State IDPA was a great event. Stages ran smoothly with no major backups. The staff was great, there was cold water available at or near each stage. Congratulations and a job well done to the match director, staff, and the gang at Sanner's Lake. Beer mug trophies were a nice change (and practical).

For some reason this year, all the big IDPA matches got stacked into the spring (Va. Indoor, MD., Shoothouse Shootout, VA outdoor) all within like 3 months. Hopefully next year Blackwater will go back to the fall, and maybe we will see something at Rivanna again in the fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom