• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cai

Jul 5, 2011
    Poolsville
    Yes, upper would be $699 right now also. Let me know and we'll build one out, only one we have right now is on a rifle.

Would you guys be able to do one of these with a 20 inch barrel? Also what kind of price difference would we be talking about and what kind of a turn around time would you need? I love the ALG rail btw!

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Would you guys be able to do one of these with a 20 inch barrel? Also what kind of price difference would we be talking about and what kind of a turn around time would you need? I love the ALG rail btw!

A 20 would be significantly more expensive. The only 20" barrels we have are SDM fluted 20" WOA barrels.

Cai

Jul 5, 2011
    Poolsville
    A 20 would be significantly more expensive. The only 20" barrels we have are SDM fluted 20" WOA barrels.

Well that puts a crimp in that plan... Ok Plan B... I've narrowed it to these 2...

Just interested in a complete upper of course. You have so many options to choose from... Could I get a price on the dissipator also? I know I'm thread jacking here a little bit. Sorry for that. Thanks for the info!

Attachments

• 5k4jyg.jpg
      5k4jyg.jpg
      61.7 KB · Views: 1,476
    • ALG railed one.jpg
      ALG railed one.jpg
      81.4 KB · Views: 1,482

tehgearz

Aug 31, 2014
    Looking at getting one of these, they look awesome.
    Only thing is, I don't like the silver/chrome barrel, anything that can be done about that?
    And I am military with orders to MD; anything I need besides Mil ID and orders, and is there a waiting period?

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Looking at getting one of these, they look awesome.
    Only thing is, I don't like the silver/chrome barrel, anything that can be done about that?
    And I am military with orders to MD; anything I need besides Mil ID and orders, and is there a waiting period?

No waiting period. If you have something with your MD address (bill, car insurance, etc.) that would make it easiest.

We may be able to have the barrel assembly cerakoted, but that would increase cost (not sure how much) and lead time (would take 2-4 weeks likely since we don't do it in house.)

tehgearz

Aug 31, 2014
    Thanks for the fast reply.
    I currently live in Virginia, but my orders are to Andrews in MD.
    I feel like some sort of pariah that no one will sell to.
    I have a passport and a NY drivers license.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Thanks for the fast reply.
    I currently live in Virginia, but my orders are to Andrews in MD.
    I feel like some sort of pariah that no one will sell to.
    I have a passport and a NY drivers license.

Proof of VA address should suffice, call the shop or I'll post for certain tomorrow!

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia

Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012
    While I am on this topic, could you guys make a dedicated 22 upper that was very close if not identical to my E4?

tehgearz

Aug 31, 2014
    I bought a older basic E4 AR from you guys a month ago.
    It had the fixed front sight.
    Is the A2 flash flash hider welded or pinned on, or do you use red locktite or something similar.
    I don't want to damage the barrel removing anything.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I bought a older basic E4 AR from you guys a month ago.
    It had the fixed front sight.
    Is the A2 flash flash hider welded or pinned on, or do you use red locktite or something similar.
    I don't want to damage the barrel removing anything.

Nope just torqued w/ crush washer as long as it's a 16" barrel.

Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012
    Much better results with Federal 55gr softpoints. Again, 100 yards off a bipod and a rear bag with a Nikon Monarch. X ring is 1.25 inches in diameter. 8X and 2 in the 10. Time to go to a heavier bullet and then to 200 yards.

IMG_1345.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Themish

Aug 25, 2015
    Got mine a week and a half ago, shooting 100 yd tomorrow, will report back.

300 rds through, pmc and Wolf gold. Ate em like a champ, no ftf/fte. I'm embarrassed to show targets- it's my fault not the rifle's...

Also it doesn't spit gas in my face through the charging handle like my first 450 buck ar15 as a teenager, so it's a winner in my book.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    300 rds through, pmc and Wolf gold. Ate em like a champ, no ftf/fte. I'm embarrassed to show targets- it's my fault not the rifle's...

Also it doesn't spit gas in my face through the charging handle like my first 450 buck ar15 as a teenager, so it's a winner in my book.

Great to hear! Any time you're in the area don't hesitate to stop by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom