• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acwatkins

Aug 29, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Got this girl tonight with the crossbow from 20yards on public land. Me and my buddy were waking a trail into our spot and there she was. He spotted her and since he had a compound I took the shot through this thick stuff. She ran every bit of 150-200 yards even with a double lung shot. Made for a lovely drag back but I'm grateful! Always nice to get meat in the freezer early in the season. Idk the weight but I'm 6'1 230 and he's 6'3 270 for a size reference. IMG_0512.jpg IMG_0454.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Got this girl tonight with the crossbow from 20yards on public land. Me and my buddy were waking a trail into our spot and there she was. He spotted her and since he had a compound I took the shot through this thick stuff. She ran every bit of 150-200 yards even with a double lung shot. Made for a lovely drag back but I'm grateful! Always nice to get meat in the freezer early in the season. Idk the weight but I'm 6'1 230 and he's 6'3 270 for a size reference. View attachment 186518 View attachment 186519

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Congratulations! I'm hoping that I'm seeing things wrong, but is that crossbow loaded and pointing in an unsafe direction?

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Got some good action on my cam. Just gotta get them moving in the day light.
    Man those are some nice deer. Id love to have the ossue of choosing which one to take if all three showed up during shooting hours.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    First day out. First deer down. Leave for Canada to hunt birds in less than a week so I'm probably done in the stand til mid Oct.

Attachments

• 20160916_121304.jpg
      20160916_121304.jpg
      88.9 KB · Views: 462

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    Saw 6 shooters and a fox this evening but good lord it was hot in nc. Sun was on me from 430 until 730. None of them were remotely close though. 70 yards and farther. I may go out tomorrow but in a different spot and in the shade.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Saw a big 8 pointer Friday night just couldn't get a shot at him. Him and a large 6 pointer on cam before but for whatever reason neither wanted to come in. Saw more bucks (total of 4) than I did does on Friday. A button buck was at the feeder most of the time, which we hoped would draw some others in but the 8 pointer and a decent bodied 4 pointer just wouldn't do it. I know it wasn't a scent issue because there were deer within 10 feet of me, clueless I was there. Bonus, I did see the largest Barred Owl I've ever seen. Thing was massive!

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012

First night on some new property I got permission to hunt. I set my ground blind out yesterday and found a bedding area right next to a tree dropping acorns. Watched a handful of does with fawns come and go, and saw this guy. I took some pics of him and showed the land owner(he asked me to not take 2 deer he's been letting grow for a few years) he said he didn't think it would be a monster in the future and said take him if I saw him. Got in around 4 this afternoon sand set out a bag of corn. 30 minutes in and the does with fawns are coming and going. About 6 he strolled in and took a dirt nap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom