• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    I see the New Shooters Class is valid for Frederick IWLA and TCSC. Have you coordinated with AAFG to get reciprocity there, too?
    I have not.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

F2S

Oct 24, 2013
    The New Shooters class is scheduled for two weekends from now, are there any more details on it? How do we sign up?

Wondering the same, I followed the link in the OP and it says registration is closed. Is it already full?

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Troy, is there a minimum age for the skills class? I'm pretty sure I'm over the threshold, but I'm wondering about getting my 15 yo daughter some skills. She's got experience shooting .22 and 9mm pistols and a 5.56 AR...

Hey Jonnyl - I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but I need to set the minimum age for the course to 21 for legal & liability reasons, as well as ease of student and range management. Let's talk another time one-on-one about the best way to get your daughter up to speed and involved in matches.

Again, I apologize for the change and appreciate your understanding.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Hey Jonnyl - I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but I need to set the minimum age for the course to 21 for legal & liability reasons, as well as ease of student and range management. Let's talk another time one-on-one about the best way to get your daughter up to speed and involved in matches.

Again, I apologize for the change and appreciate your understanding.

Oh man, I'm really bummed. I've been working with her to get her ready, but I certainly understand the constraints you're operating under and appreciate you letting me know.

If you have any ideas on options, please let me know what might be available. :thumbsup:

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Oh man, I'm really bummed. I've been working with her to get her ready, but I certainly understand the constraints you're operating under and appreciate you letting me know.

If you have any ideas on options, please let me know what might be available. :thumbsup:

Email me at frederickidpa@gmail.com & let's talk about how best to move forward with this.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    So how do you sign up for this?

This course is full and closed.

If the range isn't clear enough by Sunday to hold the class, we'll postpone until probably June or July allowing currently registered and paid students first opportunity at the new date. Any unfilled slots will be opened to the public.

Thanks for your interest.

Any specific or more detailed questions can be sent to me at FrederickIDPA@Gmail.com

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia

Think about USPSA. I know Peter Hoyle's daughter Rosalie won 2 Maryland State Women's USPSA overall titles before she was 18 YO. And she outshot all the MPC club members one year at the PSA Shootout as a Junior also.
    She shot steel matches at MPC when she was pretty young, I think around 15 or maybe earlier. She also shot lots of USPSA events in MD and VA as a junior. USPSA and Steel Challenge have junior divisions until you hit your 18th birthday.
    Best instructor in this part of the country is Robby Orent, a former top junior and longtime student of Todd Jarrett. He is currently retired from competition due to medical issues but he still teaches.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Think about USPSA.

definitely some young and great shooters i've seen in the various shooting sports. idpa also allows juniors and they can even use .22's starting at low ready with MD approval. i'm told this specific situation (getting her intro training) has been taken care of.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    This course is full and closed.

If the range isn't clear enough by Sunday to hold the class, we'll postpone until probably June or July allowing currently registered and paid students first opportunity at the new date. Any unfilled slots will be opened to the public.

Thanks for your interest.

Any specific or more detailed questions can be sent to me at FrederickIDPA@Gmail.com

Although postponed to this weekend due to weather, was glad to see the near capacity turnout of shooters interested in participating in IDPA. The class was well executed imo, both in the classroom and out on the range. Lots of motivated and conscientious shooters. Kudos to TTMD for arranging this and helping spread interest and awareness of this shooting sport.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Although postponed to this weekend due to weather, was glad to see the near capacity turnout of shooters interested in participating in IDPA. The class was well executed imo, both in the classroom and out on the range. Lots of motivated and conscientious shooters. Kudos to TTMD for arranging this and helping spread interest and awareness of this shooting sport.
    Absolutely no way this class would've worked without you & the other SO's fidelity. Thanks for your time & help!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ProAlpha

Oct 30, 2015
    This was a great class, thanks for putting it on and for everyone who were instrumental in making it happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom