• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    The 2021 Maryland General Assembly session is going to be a beast, with massively restricted abilities for the public to testify on legislation. Our elected representatives are already hard at work and have prefiled over 775 bills across a multitude of topics to be ready to hit the ground running during the first week of session - Session starts January 13, with the first hearings starting on January 14.

Due to the continuing State of Emergency, NO members of the public will be permitted to testify in person in Annapolis. All non-legislator testimony will be accepted in either Written or Virtual form. Anyone signing up to testify virtually will be placed in some form of lottery, as each house of the General Assembly has placed different limits on the numbers of participants permitted.

I have already posted the 2021 MSRPA Legislative Tracker with the 10 bills that are listed in the prefile hopper. The Tracker may be found at https://www.msrpa.org/2021-maryland-general-assembly.../. Please be prepared to let your elected representatives know where you stand on any of the bills. As we gain access to bill texts, I will update the MSRPA positions accordingly.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    The 2021 Maryland General Assembly session is going to be a beast, with massively restricted abilities for the public to testify on legislation. Our elected representatives are already hard at work and have prefiled over 775 bills across a multitude of topics to be ready to hit the ground running during the first week of session - Session starts January 13, with the first hearings starting on January 14.

Due to the continuing State of Emergency, NO members of the public will be permitted to testify in person in Annapolis. All non-legislator testimony will be accepted in either Written or Virtual form. Anyone signing up to testify virtually will be placed in some form of lottery, as each house of the General Assembly has placed different limits on the numbers of participants permitted.

I have already posted the 2021 MSRPA Legislative Tracker with the 10 bills that are listed in the prefile hopper. The Tracker may be found at https://www.msrpa.org/2021-maryland-general-assembly.../. Please be prepared to let your elected representatives know where you stand on any of the bills. As we gain access to bill texts, I will update the MSRPA positions accordingly.
    Following. Thanks for all you do.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Are there any good ideas about how to oppose the predicted tsunami of bad bills this year, when they won't even let the "unwashed masses" contaminate their rarified air? I'm up for kicking in to help fund sky writing, or a leaflet drop by helicopter, or something audacious. We cannot let them silence us.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Are there any good ideas about how to oppose the predicted tsunami of bad bills this year, when they won't even let the "unwashed masses" contaminate their rarified air? I'm up for kicking in to help fund sky writing, or a leaflet drop by helicopter, or something audacious. We cannot let them silence us.

Follow BLM's playbook

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    So I hit the normal sites MLIS etc, WHERE is the text of these bills. I can't find them anywhere.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Legislation/Details/sb0318?ys=2021RS Where is the text of the bill
    If you are using my tracker, the Bill Number will take you to the bill page. The Department of Legislative Services manages the website and posts bill text as they get it available.

Keep in mind - these are prefiled bills and are technically not active until the Session starts on January 13.

I will update when I start to see bill text populate. I typically manage the list once per day.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Maybe. It's got one sponsor atm, so it doesn't seem like a full court press.

All pre-filed bills only have one sponsor, there is no way to shop them arround with the blue sheet pre-session.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Text will not show up until first reading, so Jan 13, 2021 or so.
    Information from the General Assembly leadership is that prefiles will be made available as soon as DLS gets them processed for viewing so that testimony can be ready when committees meet on 14JAN, so we should see them before then.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    That is a LOT of pre-file action. Lord help us. The title of this one (not gun-related) sort of bugs my 4th amendment sensibilities: SB0179 Distracted Driving Monitoring Systems - Authorization

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    775 bills is nothing to sneeze at. I remember last session how Will Smith was saying how they were frustrated with the number of bills that were brought to the table last year. It looks like this year is not going to be an exception.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    775 bills is nothing to sneeze at. I remember last session how Will Smith was saying how they were frustrated with the number of bills that were brought to the table last year. It looks like this year is not going to be an exception.

If every MGA member brings a dozen bills...

My biggest hope is there is so much crap they can’t wade through it all.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County

I strongly encourage Chairman Smith to desk drawer as many of the anti-2A bills as possible. That gets them off his agenda. :D

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I have a bill to propose....every bill submitted shall be accompanied by a $1000 tax to be personally paid by every sponsor and co sponsor... that will help close the budget gap and ensure that only the most important items are considered. So let it be written, so let it be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom