• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    They're citing Wikipedia as a source (see p11)? This is the sort of thing that would get a high-school level term paper a failing grade!

Looking over the whole wretched affair, this looks like MSP threw something together at the last second. UNSAT.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    We studied the "Federalist Papers" in my public high school (yup, we really did). Was this in there? I don't recall.

Last edited:

MRH

Never sell your sword
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 5, 2020
    Chesapeake Bay
    Yes, as far as getting your permit, basically nothing changed outside of the fee increase and the new curriculum
    Thanks @Mark75H, I appreciate the info. If I understand you correctly, for me as an honorably discharged US vet I should only have to pay the new higher fee when renew time comes in about a year?

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Thanks @Mark75H, I appreciate the info. If I understand you correctly, for me as an honorably discharged US vet I should only have to pay the new higher fee when renew time comes in about a year?
    Kind of surprised they don't charge you, honorably discharged vets double the new fee as a thank you for your service and a since you don't have to pay for a class fee .

MRH

Never sell your sword
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 5, 2020
    Chesapeake Bay
    Kind of surprised they don't charge you, honorably discharged vets double the new fee as a thank you for your service and a since you don't have to pay for a class fee .
    That's about the exact thanks I would expect from this administration, moore is a disgrace to any uniform he may have worn, and a traitor of the highest degree!

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Great…. Now every “gate keeper” will raise their price by $100.
    With the dramatic decrease in demand I am certain that any who do will have no students. Rather, I expect many to drop out due to the increased costs and associated decrease in profitablity. If anyone is gate keeping or narrowing the gate, it is Maryland itself.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    My prices have only changed 25.00 in 11 or so years.

If I charged for the time it’s gonna talk to turn this turd of a “lesson script” into something useful no one could afford me.

(I refuse to call it a curriculum)

TD

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    With the dramatic decrease in demand I am certain that any who do will have no students. Rather, I expect many to drop out due to the increased costs and associated decrease in profitablity. If anyone is gate keeping or narrowing the gate, it is Maryland itself.

Or ; With increased costs , and ( my predicted ) lesser demand , some will step away , others will teach less often .

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    My prices have only changed 25.00 in 11 or so years.

If I charged for the time it’s gonna talk to turn this turd of a “lesson script” into something useful no one could afford me.

(I refuse to call it a curriculum)

TD
    Exactly. I could already make much more money working overtime at my regular job. This crap just makes it more so.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    The decrease in demand is bad for everything. Legislators get their way by discouraging people. Less people equals less noise about “rights”.

I know the amount of people who have permits increased a good bit, it wasn’t enough. If we went from 20,000 to 2 million it may have made more of an impact.

TD

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    The decrease in demand is bad for everything. Legislators get their way by discouraging people. Less people equals less noise about “rights”.

I know the amount of people who have permits increased a good bit, it wasn’t enough. If we went from 20,000 to 2 million it may have made more of an impact.

TD
    With the current legislature, it wouldn't have made any difference in their philosophy or votes. It would have galvanized them even more that they are surrounded by crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom