• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I bet the very firearm insurance companies that gun owners swear on are the very companies that lobbied these dumb a$$ politicians that created this bill.

Yes follow the money and it always lead to the ones that’s getting the pot. In this case the insurance companies
    Iron clad for fraud. I dont know anyone that wants to get shot in the ass or something but I could see damages getting collected on somehow.
    Some gets a load of pellets in the face dove hunting from 300 hundred yards and now they cant go near guns anymore or bird hunt and has a freak out every-time they hear a gunshot on tv.
    First few times it gets collected on the policy will have to be in the gazillions!

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Iron clad for fraud. I dont know anyone that wants to get shot in the ass or something but I could see damages getting collected on somehow.
    Some gets a load of pellets in the face dove hunting from 300 hundred yards and now they cant go near guns anymore or bird hunt and has a freak out every-time they hear a gunshot on tv.
    First few times it gets collected on the policy will have to be in the gazillions!
    If an alleged finger bang is worth $83million think how much being shot in the face is worth.

Cha Ching!

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    If an alleged finger bang is worth $83million think how much being shot in the face is worth.

Cha Ching!
    Yeah! The Cheney Insurance bill is what I'm thinking.
    Its going to be cheaper to go hunting/finger banging with those good ole boys.
    Anyway, sometime you have to watch what you wish for. Some of these wack jobs have already identified stuff like flare guns and BB rifles to be firearms.
    Your flare gun goes off in your boat or you shoot the wrong target in a match with a cross fire and theirs damage or an alibi , time to pay up Mr Insurance man!
    If someones going to be insurance poor, thats their own damn fault for not making it pay at some point or another. Think of the potential opportunities for the out of the box thinkers.
    Next thing is, uninsured firearms carrier funding.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Pro-tip: Check w/your homeowners insurance agency. Adding increased liability coverage on my homeowners policy was significantly less expensive than adding the liability coverage on my CCW Safe plan-- and it covers me in all US States and territories and world-wide.

Exactly what sort of liability coverage were you able to add to your homeowner's policy which would meet the requirements if this infringement?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    From the language of the bill quoted in the original post:

"... providing for the form and issuance of a citation for a violation of the Act; etc."

It sounds like the penalty for failure to comply is the "issuance of a citation."

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    Soooooooo. At what point do all of these costs constitute infringement for those less fortunate financially. Only the rich get to buy and carry.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    "The legislation could serve to curb the number of people carrying firearms in public in the state less than two years after the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association, Inc. v. Bruen.”

Who is quoted here? The article or a gov official.

This is the definition of infringement.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    I thought this was funny.

Unfortunate picture of one of the state enthusiast who introduced this bill.

fair01.jpg
    He is a complete groomer, protégé of Karen Young, legislative director for moms demand action and a pos. Unfortunately, he is also a neighbor of mine. I have despised him since the first time I met him at community meetings years ago. This was way before he thought of getting into politics and prior to finding out he is a true groomer.

whiskey3

MDS Supporter
    Jul 27, 2022
    Solomons, MD
    What about someone traveling here from out of state— for Duck hunting? There is a lot of that on the Eastern Shore; or for an IDPA match or a Trap competition?

How do we prove to the citation writing officer we are in compliance? Carry our policy with us?

In perusing my carry insurance (CCWSafe). Liability is for covered defensive use, no mention of accidental D occurrence. House Insurance also mentions liability coverage for defensive use at home. No mention of an accidental. I’m not sure I am covered, despite $300k in liability coverage.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    What about someone traveling here from out of state— for Duck hunting? There is a lot of that on the Eastern Shore; or for an IDPA match or a Trap competition?

How do we prove to the citation writing officer we are in compliance? Carry our policy with us?

In perusing my carry insurance (CCWSafe). Liability is for covered defensive use, no mention of accidental D occurrence. House Insurance also mentions liability coverage for defensive use at home. No mention of an accidental. I’m not sure I am covered, despite $300k in liability coverage.
    I’m not losing any sleep over it.

I’m pointing my finger and laughing at the MGA and their collective insanity.

Just go about your business and support MSI.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    Maybe there should be separate liability insurance for the purchase and consumption of alcohol and for the purchase and use of cellphones. How many accidents are there a day because of cellphones? How much violence, including rape, is caused by alcohol?

Yep, the MGA and Rep Fair can go fvck themselves.

Twist

Feb 17, 2023
    Annapolis
    An umbrella--

It's my understanding that my umbrella liability policy extends the coverage for the other policies that I have in force for home and auto. That umbrella has requirements for the underlying policies liability limits. I've got a call in to my agent to verify but I'm thinking these policies including the umbrella would not cover a civil suit resulting from some self defense action I took while walking about town. The act of defending myself in my home would fall under that home owners and umbrella coverage - I hope, don't know for sure until I talk to my agent.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    MD Escapee: Mid-Tennessee
    It's my understanding that my umbrella liability policy extends the coverage for the other policies that I have in force for home and auto. That umbrella has requirements for the underlying policies liability limits. I've got a call in to my agent to verify but I'm thinking these policies including the umbrella would not cover a civil suit resulting from some self defense action I took while walking about town. The act of defending myself in my home would fall under that home owners and umbrella coverage - I hope, don't know for sure until I talk to my agent.
    A thorough conversation with my agent revealed worldwide coverage-- and not restricted by any state
    I’m not losing any sleep over it.

I’m pointing my finger and laughing at the MGA and their collective insanity.

Just go about your business and support MSI.
    This is the correct answer--

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Check w/your insurance carrier that provides the umbrella policy-- you may already be covered. Yes-- it's for the inevitable civil suit that will follow a successful criminal trial. But-- I believe in MD, if one is exonerated of criminal charges then they are safe from civil liability? But --- IANAL and I've seen opinions on this forum in other threads that basically opine just because MD may have a law that says one thing---doesn't mean an alleged "injured" party won't file suit anyway.

A civil suit does not require a successful criminal trial.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    My understanding of the operation of insurance companies premium collection companies is that any opportunity to avoid payment will eagerly be seized, and extracting funds will probably require legal assistance.

While I have both umbrella and firearms defense policies, I fully expect to spend a good deal of time in prison for any defensive use of a firearm in Maryland.

Further, there's no policy I'm aware of that will defend or reimburse me from the depredations of Maryland's legislature and its denizens.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    From the language of the bill quoted in the original post:

"... providing for the form and issuance of a citation for a violation of the Act; etc."

It sounds like the penalty for failure to comply is the "issuance of a citation."

Once again,

In the uncertain event of this proposed infringement becoming law, it could indeed serve as the thin edge of the camel's nose on the slippery slope leading to further infringements, but...

In practical terms, in the incredibly unlikely event that the issue ever came up, it sounds like the penalty only be a fine.

Any comments, jokes, or poals ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom